Vancity

GrizGriz Member Posts: 4

My chequing account is the only one of my Vancity Accounts that is connecting/importing. I'm wondering on what the timeline for other Vancity accounts like Membership Shares or Vancity Visa?

Can you guys release a roadmap/timeline for implementation? It would be a huge benefit to all of those (like me) who own a small business and rely on the automatic import feature to manage our accounting so that we may focus on the business. It would also stop this flood of questions concerning Bank Connections.

Thank you for your assistance.

Comments

• ScottRScottR Member Posts: 1

Vancity Visa used to work in the old system. Why the step back?

• AndieAndie Member Posts: 1

another aspiring Wave user here! I can't use the software until Vancity Visa is supported!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

It looks like what's happening here might be an error on our new banking partner's end. From what I can see, they've been made aware of the issues surrounding connections to Vancity. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here, but it looks like the Vancity connection is one that's being worked on at present. Thanks for your ongoing patience.

• ChrisTenChrisTen Member Posts: 5

This is affecting my account too. Vancity Visa no longer supported.
    I Hope you can fix this ASAP
    Thanks

• erichhdschmitterichhdschmitt Member Posts: 6

Hi, I've connected my Vancity (BC credit union) account, and I have several associated accounts with it. Unfortunately it doesn't show my "Vancity enviro Classic VISA" credit card as an option. Also, it is not an option in the search function. How can I add this credit card in order to auto-import transactions?

Hi, I've connected a Vancity checking account, and it has an associated line of credit account. I can see both accounts under "Connected Accounts", and have the Auto import switched "on" for both, but only the checking account auto imports, and none of the line of credit account transactions auto import. How can I fix this?

Hi, having the same issue with Vancity VISA, as well as Vancity CREDITLINE (Line of credit). Only my Vancity checking is working on the auto-import...

• Kyle_CKyle_C Member Posts: 3

I've been using wave for 2 years with no problem with imports but this month it has just stopped importing. Has something changed?

• GrinchGrinch Member Posts: 1

Me three! Help!

• Aimee_RefocusAimee_Refocus Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue. It used to work fine, and then after the recent update my Vancity Visa card no longer appears as a connection. As it is the primary way all of my business expenses are paid, this is a major issue for me.

I look forward to any help that can be provided.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just keeping you in the loop here. The connectivity issues surrounding Vancity Visa Card accounts are ones that my banking partners are still looking into. We're still looking into it, but I believe the Creditline accounts that have been referred to in this thread will no longer be supported. I'm working on getting the final word with regards to whether or not those will work in the future. We appreciate your ongoing patience during this matter.

@ConnorM said:
    Hey all,

Just keeping you in the loop here. The connectivity issues surrounding Vancity Visa Card accounts are ones that my banking partners are still looking into. We're still looking into it, but I believe the Creditline accounts that have been referred to in this thread will no longer be supported. I'm working on getting the final word with regards to whether or not those will work in the future. We appreciate your ongoing patience during this matter.

None of my Vancity accounts work whatsoever. Chequing and savings in personal or business do not work. I have even deleted the connection and started over, but no success. A credit line is still a chequing account so it should't make a difference what it is called. You should remove Vancity altogether as none of works.
    And of course the visa doesn't work either.

What have others experienced? Please chime in.

Thanks

• alexharrrisalexharrris Member Posts: 1

I've been trying to set up my Wave account and now am realizing that Vancity does not work with Wave? Do you have any idea when this will be fixed? My debit isn't showing my transactions and I can't link up my visa.

Thanks

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @alexharrris , I'm afraid we still don't have an ETA on a fix at the moment.

@AlexL said:
    Hey @alexharrris , I'm afraid we still don't have an ETA on a fix at the moment.

Hi Alex,
    It pains me to say that without a fix I have no choice to move on. I have begun preparing for a transition to Quickbooks at my fiscal year end. :(

Robyn

• JuditJudit Member Posts: 7

It's March 11 and still no fix. Tax deadlines are quickly approaching. It's very sad that Vancity doesn't work. We've just started using wave payroll a few months before this issue and have been hoping it would be fixed. Just like Robyn, we are likely going to switch to Quickbooks or Xero.

• MessmerizaMessmeriza Member Posts: 4

I am following up with the connectivity issues with Vancity Visa since this has now been going on for 9 months. I know Vancity recently changed their Visa login. It looks like Wave is pointing correctly to the new URL (https://creditcards.vancity.com/) however I am unable to login. Any update on this?

• johnkimhvacjohnkimhvac Member Posts: 8

today is Oct 2020.
    they are not working anymore.
    no more update, don't waste your time

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. This is still something that we're working towards getting fixed for the future, but I'm afraid it's proved to be a lot more difficult that originally planned so we still don't have an ETA. Because the connection still isn't functioning, please feel free to use Wave Connect to get your transactions into Wave in the meantime.

edited October 6, 2020
  • MilosMilos Member Posts: 1

I've been using Wave for many year. I just wanted to add my voice to this thread that the Vancity VISA connection is something critical I am looking for. Hopefully this can be resolved soon. Thank you.

• WillistonWilliston Member Posts: 3

Same issue here since September 2020. I'm uploading CSV statements manually. Not fun. Looks like Vancity Visa implemented two-factor authentication on their new website and this is probably the issue. Wave Accounting dev team needs to implement handlers for their new login API... but are probably having issues because I'll bet my right arm Vancity Visa has implemented some stupid non-standard login system.

I will say I am still very happy with Wave Accounting and hope they will get this resolved quickly.

edited February 4, 2021
  • GrizGriz Member Posts: 4

Hi Wave. It looks like there is another problem with your Vancity - Business Banking data aggregator. My Chequing, Savings, and USD accounts are no longer automatically syncing and I'm once again forced to do manual imports of my transactions. Why is this an ongoing problem with your data aggregator and when will it be resolved.

• HappyBuddhaHappyBuddha Member Posts: 1

Is there any updates for the Vancity Busniess Banking connection? I'm new to Wave and I managed to connect my Vancity Visa with zero issues but nothing from Banking. I am able to get a code for the authentication however it just stops there and gives me an error not connecting screen even though I got a code through authentication.

• mbossowmbossow Member Posts: 1

It's been 2 years since this issue has been raised and still no solution? Why even keep Vancity in the connection options at all if it doesn't work and clearly no urgency or even intention to get it working?

• KPenKPen Member Posts: 1

I am also having an issue with connecting my vancity chequing account. I have been trying to connect for months, it sends the text for two factor, but it never lets you enter it, and times out to an error. I wish there was at least a timeline for fixing these issues. It seems like they work for a short time and then go down again.

edited January 30, 2022
  • JMadeleyJMadeley Member Posts: 3

I am also having trouble connecting my Vancity account. A fix would be greatly appreciated!

OP checking back in. Wave support told me the issue is with Plaid, Plaid tells me I need to talk to Wave to get an update on resolution. It's a pretty frustrating loop to be sent on that we have been dealing with since 2020.

• SandersSanders Member Posts: 1

Anyone have suggestions for an online accounting app that works with Vancity?

Look how old this thread is. It's time to move on to a better platform. Even a month is an unacceptable duration of time to be manually importing transactions. Move over to Quickbooks Online as you will eventually anyway. I left wave 2 years ago. Yes it cost money but far superior in features and more familiar for accountants and yes works with Vancity and Visa.
    Too bad though, I really liked wave but glad I moved.

OP here. Quick follow-up on this as it's getting more exposure (again).

VanCity Visa and standard business accounts are now able to be connected. These intermittently go offline when VanCity updates its security settings. It usually takes some time for Plaid to create a fix. Wave users are never alerted when a fix occurs, you just have to periodically go into connected accounts and reconnect the service. It would be great if VanCity/Plaid updated their users or communicated with VanCity to avoid outages.

VanCity Membership shares have never had a connection since Plaid took over this connection. This account still needs to be manually imported.

Overall Wave is great. The Plaid connection can be super frustrating at times.