Bank of America - MFA not supported

blackbird33blackbird33 Member Posts: 4

Hello, Since the switch to the new account connector service, I cannot connect Wave to the BoA business checking account that has worked for the past 4 years because the new service doesn't support MFA. Turning off MFA violates company policy so that is not an option. Seeing as BoA is one of the largest banks in the world, I would hope there is effort being made to reestaablish BoA connections. Hard to believe that Wave cut over to the new service knowing that it is worse than the old service. All the functionality in the world is useless if I cannot import transactions. Do you know when functionality will be restored?

Comments

• Just_LurkingJust_Lurking Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Several folks have reported the same issue in the "resuming bank connections" thread. So far, there hasn't even been acknowledgement of the problem.

There has been some speculation that Wave's new data aggregator, a company called Plaid, does not support MFA for this type of continuous transaction import, not for ANY bank. I have yet to see confirmation of that, and it would be a pretty tremendous step back if that is indeed the case.
  • Kyle_CKyle_C Member Posts: 3

I am in the same boat with BoA. This is awful

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @blackbird33 @Just_Lurking @Kyle_C . Although Plaid does support MFA in general, there are certain more advanced and complex MFAs that Plaid does not support, and BoA happens to be one of them. Until Plaid implements the changes to support this type of MFA, you do have to turn it off if you want your transactions to import into Wave.

edited January 29, 2020
  • blackbird33blackbird33 Member Posts: 4

I think there is a problem that goes beyond MFA. We've received permission to turn off MFA for the BoA account and have had it off for over a week now. No transactions are importing. There is no visible way to trigger an import job so it is not possible to determine whether Plaid is failing or Wave is failing. What is clear, though, is that this is a major FAIL.
    With or without MFA, Wave is not importing transactions from BoA.

• David_autofile_MLDavid_autofile_ML Member Posts: 21

Hi blackbird33

We are passionate about Wave so we built we built an alternative connector called autofile.ML Bank2Wave.
    Might Help?
    https://www.autofile.ml

David