Manual entry of bills and imports from internet

SteveF123SteveF123 Member Posts: 3

If I receive a bill, enter it and pay it from my bank account, it then shows up again from the linked bank account. Did I miss something as to how to prevent this?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @SteveF123

The best way to mark a bill as paid is to categorize your bank transaction, rather than marking the bill/invoice as paid.

In your transactions page, find the expense brought in by your bank connection, and select the drop down 'choose a category' option. This should allow you to select a payment made for a bill in Wave. Categorize it to the appropriate bill in the list and it will in turn show up as paid, not creating a duplicate transactions

If you notice that it's been duplicated and there are two transactions, it's likely because you selected "mark bill as paid", which creates a transaction, and then your bank import brings in the income transaction as well.. Delete the bank import one and moving forward I would recommend using the choose a category option. This will ensure your bills and invoice have been paid and the transaction has been categorized.