Searching within transaction description

Ian_BIan_B Member Posts: 16
I looked back through the queries and saw this was requested. I presume it's still available can anyone help? Basically I want to search for a string of text in the description of my transaction. I would have thought this was basic, otherwise how will you find a transaction for example to return a purchase? TIA

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ian_B , searching for a description is definitely available within Wave. If you type in what you're looking for in the search bar, Wave will pull any transactions with that description.

• dimardimar Member Posts: 1

@AlexL said:
    Hey @Ian_B , searching for a description is definitely available within Wave. If you type in what you're looking for in the search bar, Wave will pull any transactions with that description.

Hi, I can't figure out how to search in Purchases, Bills for description items. I don't see any search bar. Thanks for assistance.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @dimar , thanks for reaching out! You can search by description in Accounting > Transactions > Filters, specifically - I'm sorry if that wasn't clear from the previous post there. Bills does not currently have a search by description ability, but you can filter by vendor & date.