Reimbursement and refunds question

ZypZyp Member Posts: 1

Hello, I'm having some issues with reimbursements via an invoice.

I'm having issues understanding what category in my cc transaction page to place my reimbursement expenses in. I created the invoice on Wave. When I click the cc's transaction categories there are 2 options that seem to make sense but I'm not sure how they differ - 1. Refund Sent for an Invoice in Wave> All paid and partially paid Invoices in Wave> then options to pick the relevant invoice I created
and 2. Refund for Income>Income Accounts>Refund for Reimbursement.

Which one do I pick?

I also had issued a reimbursement invoice for expenses I accrued. On my cc (the same one) I have 8 transactions but also some refunds (from the expenses) for things I returned. So, those refunds, I'm not sure what category to mark it. To show that my reimbursement invoice is balanced a paid out.

edited January 29, 2020 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Zyp! Thanks for reaching out! Are the transactions expense transactions for refunds you have issued? Or are they income transactions for refunds you have received? You would use 'Refund Sent for an Invoice in Wave' if you refunded a customer specifically for an invoice in Wave. If you want to show a refund for something not associated with an invoice, you can choose 'Refund for Income' and then select the specific expense account that you want the refund to be associated with (or the opposite depending on the transaction type)!