Options

Receipts vs. Services for Professional Development

jacki0486jacki0486 Member Posts: 2

Hi Folks...
I'm new to using Wave and have figured everything out but one thing: where in the world do I log professional development courses that I have purchased to grow my own skills? I've created a category for it so it can be posted correctly, but I'm not sure if I would enter it under Purchases-"Receipts" or Purchases-"Products & Services" and I haven't had any luck finding that info.
Thanks in advance!
~Jacki

Comments

• Options
    MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@jacki0486,
    If you purchased materials or pay for seminars to hone your skills, you would create an operating expense called Training and Education. Post your expense there.

• Options
    jacki0486jacki0486 Member Posts: 2

@Mikeg said:
    @jacki0486,
    If you purchased materials or pay for seminars to hone your skills, you would create an operating expense called Training and Education. Post your expense there.

As I said in my post, I've already done that... I just don't know if from a Wave Apps entry standpoint if I would add it under the Receipt tab or the "Purchases - Products & Services" tab. THAT is my question.

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @jacki0486! You would add an Operating Expense account under: Accounting -> Chart of Accounts -> Expenses :)