Amex account won't connect - no other information

thedjmthedjm Member Posts: 2

Trying to connect to my American Express account. All I get is this message.
I've tried repeatedly. No information is provided as to why it won't connect.
I can log in to Amex with this account fine. in another browser window.

edited March 30, 2021 in Bank Connections

Comments

• wimsywimsy Member Posts: 5

My Am Ex account has not synced since January 30.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @thedjm & @wimsy, thanks for reaching out! Our data aggregator is currently reporting an issue for the AMEX connection. They are working to get this fixed but have not been able to provide an ETA on a resolution yet. I know that this is important so if you need to get transactional data in your account in the meantime we recommend using Wave Connect.

Thanks, @EmmaP . I should note that it did sync again for a while in February, but stopped again last Friday.

• TopRowTechTopRowTech Member Posts: 5

Anyone else having any luck with importing AmEx transactions? Mine are not importing and the connection doesn't show any issues, other than no data. Sure would be nice for Wave to take ownership of this problem and push Plaid on it. Plaid's performance is unacceptable and Wave should be doing more to fix it.

It appears to be intermittent these days. Mine synced as recently as March 5, I've only had one transaction since then and that was yesterday, so it's too early to say it has stopped again. But it has stopped for days at a time about 1X per month since January, and then resumed.

This is pretty ridiculous, to be honest. How does Plaid even stay in business? Oh wait, Visa just bought them for $5B. Maybe that's why they don't work with Amex. In all seriousness, though, how does Wave find any of this acceptable?

Come on, Wave, you need to helping us more here rather that just telling us to "use Wave Connect." We can't reach out to Plaid directly. You can. You need to get this fixed.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all. I've just checked in once more, and it looks like Plaid is still working on fixing this connection. I'm sorry for the delay, but we're doing our best to get this up and running with Plaid as soon as possible.

• ILPILP Member Posts: 8

Is this still an ongoing issue with AmEx that is being worked on? Our AmEx hasn't synced since April 7.

Wave used to have a "reconnect" button that would at least try to manually sync the accounts, but that disappeared a few months ago, so it doesn't appear that there is any option for me to try and force it to sync - I just have to wait and see if it happens to sync on its own. At least that's how it appears.

edited April 16, 2020

For me, the AmEx connection seems to come and go (mostly it's down). The issue, seemingly, is over at Plaid, the company the Wave hired to do the bank connections. Wave doesn't care if it works or not, they just blame Plaid. Plaid doesn't seem to care either, as they aren't fixing it.

It so very frustrating; it's too bad that Wave just passes the buck and doesn't care about their customers.

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@ILP @TopRowTech the connection between our data provider and Amex is still down and we haven't been provided a timeline as for when this will be restored to full functionality. For full transparency, our data provider has said this is due to some infrastructure changes on Amex's backend and they are working with Amex to address these concerns.

In regards to the manual refresh option, our data provider receives transactions from your bank at certain intervals, depending on the bank. When our bank data provider receives transactions, they immediately send them to Wave. A refresh button would not have the ability to query your bank and get the latest transactions. Your bank sends them to our bank data provider as soon as they are available, and they are immediately sent to us. As well, deleting and reconnecting and toggling the ON/OFF button will not force a refresh. I hope this provides some context and we appreciate your patience as we look to solving this issue.