TD Bank "Limited Access" Card Not Connecting Anymore

chowdrewchowdrew Member Posts: 3

Hi, I have a TD access card set up with limited access. It means the card can only read the transactions on online banking, but no other actions can be done there. This card had been working fine for the bank connect at Wave for years, but not any more after the recent bank connect update. The error says "No available accounts - Your credentials were correct but there were no available accounts. Please log in with a different account". See attached image. Any solutions for that? Your ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @chowdrew! Thanks for reaching out. If the error shows 'no available accounts' our data aggregator was not able to fetch any supported account types within this connection. I know this is not the answer you hoped for but our data aggregator is always working to build and create new connections. We can send a request to have this account type added, but I'm afraid I can't make any promises on when/if this would happen. In the meantime the best way to get transactional data into your Wave account is using Wave Connect.

• chowdrewchowdrew Member Posts: 3

Hi @EmmaP! Thanks for explaining. Understood. I'll just use the manual upload for now. Just to let you know that this account type had been working for years until the recent Wave update. Perhaps it may help your developers. Could you help send a request to add this account type please? Feel free to PM me for my account info. Thanks.

• Dynamic_BusinessDynamic_Business Member Posts: 2

Has this issue been resolved?

• chowdrewchowdrew Member Posts: 3

Oh yes the issue has been resolved. I don't remember when and how. But seems like after a recent wave update, my deposit-only bank card works after re-adding the bank connection.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @chowdrew
    Thanks for updating our other TD business owners in the community!

• JaipurkitchenJaipurkitchen Member Posts: 5

Hi - I'm a TD bank account and credit card holder. I was able to connect my bank account, but my credit card accounts do not pull up when I put in my credentials, so I am unable to add them - can you please tell me how to resolve this issue?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jaipurkitchen !

That's odd. Sometimes bank connections don't support certain accounts for automatic transaction imports, but speaking from experience, your TD credit card account should import your transactions as well. If you are still experiencing this issue, one thing you can try is deleting the connection completely and reconnecting it. Don't worry, this won't delete and previously imported data. Please note, if you do try this, select a specific date to resume transaction imports to prevent duplicate transactions for your other TD accounts.

edited January 15, 2021
  • JaipurkitchenJaipurkitchen Member Posts: 5

Julian- TD Bank told us that they don't support Wave, and only support Quickbooks, and that is why the credit cards are not showing up for us to add. Can this be the reason that we're not allowed to add the credit cards (even though we're allowed to add the bank acocunts)?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jaipurkitchen !

Thanks for following up. There may have been some confusion during your discussion with TD as Wave doesn't support bank connections directly. Instead, we use a third party data aggregator, Plaid, to support bank connections. As mentioned, I currently have a TD credit card connected in my test account so it's possible that your specific connection is experiencing an issue. For next steps, I suggest reaching out to our support team so one of our agents can investigate further. If necessary, they can escalate your case to Plaid.

edited January 15, 2021