Duplicate transactions

fionabfionab Member Posts: 2

Hi, since there is no longer auto bank statement importing in South Africa (worst move ever btw!), when I go to download and import my bank statement, it keeps uploading every transaction from the 1st Jan every time I do it, so every time I have to go and manually delete duplicates which is infuriating and a huge waste of time. Is there no way to be able to import every few days (in order to keep on top of outstanding payments etc) but only have the new transactions appear??

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @fionab! There currently isn't a way to have this set up automatically. If you are downloading or exporting your bank statement are you able to use any date selector tools to export transactions from the last export date until the present, instead of downloading the statement from the start of January?

If you are unable to export only the transactions you need using a date selector from your online banking portal, you could edit the upload file instead. You could bulk remove all the transactions that have already been imported and upload a smaller file (or copy/paste transactions you want to upload from the large file into a smaller file).