Banking transaction imports not working

brianlinkbrianlink Member Posts: 2

Hello!
Love your software, however RBC banking transactions stopped importing round about Jan 22. Any updates as to when this will be resolved? Thank you.

Comments

• FairchildFairchild Member Posts: 0

I just started Wave today. i like it. i downloaded several banks etc. All going smoothly, till i added my Sams card. It added the account, but has no transactions at all, on a card i have had for years. What am i doing wrong?

• JimTJimT Member Posts: 1

I use ETRADE Securities for many of my companies checking accounts and while ETRADE Bank seems to import fine, the accounts from E*TRADE Securities do not. Is this being worked on or will it be addressed? Is there something I can do differently to get it to work. Appreciate any feedback. Love the program as I've been with you all since like 2011! I know I can manually upload, however one of the greatest features is the automatic importing of the transactions. PLEASE HELP!

• GrantWHallGrantWHall Member Posts: 24

@brianlink I am having a similar problem with Regions Bank; however, my problem only started about three days ago.

• TheBeekeeperTheBeekeeper Member Posts: 2

my bank account was connected for over a year, and now all of the sudden it won't connect anymore. I tried to reconnect, typed my user and password, then got a verification code, but keep getting an error that the connection is not working at this time.
    No support available from wave, only can send them an email and no one ever responds.
    So frustrating!

• cgaraicgarai Member Posts: 17

I'm having connection problems with my bank as well. Worked fine before the upgrade, but not now. It gets through the verification to the point of asking for the code sent by text or email, but the message never arrives. I have tried both the text and the email. The work around is to download the data from your bank and then either manually format it and then upload it or use the Wave Google Sheets add-on. Hopefully they fix it as it is a pain to do it manually

• TheBeekeeperTheBeekeeper Member Posts: 2

yes, it is a pain. I'm getting the text message with the verification code, but I have to do this every time I log in, and sometimes the connection is not working at all, only works after trying to connect the next day

• Rob_the_Tea_GuyRob_the_Tea_Guy Member Posts: 2

I use Community Bank NA. My downloads are duplicating entries.
    Can you please fix this.

• jmundialesjmundiales Member Posts: 1

I have Wave since 2017. In the month of February 2019, I opened a new bank account (with the same Space coast Credit union bank) and replace and cancel the previous one. But the system found an incorrect import of bank transactions. That is to say, the transactions of the previous account appear in the new account with transactions since 2017. Also, in my dashboard it only shows the last update with date and value of my credit card but it does not show update of my check and savings account . I need to know what is done in this case and how they can help me.

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, thank you for reaching out in our Community. As you are aware Wave has recently changed to a new data provider. We acknowledge that the transition has not been smooth for all users so we apologize if you have been impacted by this.

The transition to the new provider is now complete and most financial institutions and account types were able to resume connections as normal. However, we are also seeing instances where connections are failing for various reasons. Our top priority is working with our data aggregator to identify and resolve these issues. For us to be able to track these issues or look into your specific case, we encourage you to submit a ticket to our Support team for further investigation.

If you had trouble reconnecting, or your account or Financial Institution is currently not supported by our new data aggregator we know this can be frustrating. If you are not able to connect we have some great alternative solutions for data importing such as Wave Connect which allows you to have greater control over your importing, or our CSV uploader.

• Bucksport1Bucksport1 Member Posts: 2

I had commented earlier about bank connections and transactions not synced properly. it seem my transactions page is not synced with my recent bank data upload. because my balances on my bank connections page look proper but the transactions page pull down for accounts is off and my transactions date is behind by 4 days. is their a lag in bank connections populating the rest of my business accounting?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Bucksport1

There certainly can be a lag when it comes to your bank sending info to our data aggregator who then imports the transactional data into Wave.

We've seen transactions pull in around the 7 day mark, though this isn't always typical of our aggregator.

My apologies if you're experiencing a major lag at the moment. Typically what happens is that your bank may make some major updates to their website or their back end API. When this happens, our third party banking aggregator loses the connection and may need to establish a new one.

• darren_sbmdarren_sbm Member Posts: 4

The new bank integrator stopped using one of my existing accounts, created a new account for it and downloaded a few years of transactions, all while making it in CAD instead of USD

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @darren_sbm! I can see that you have an ongoing email thread with John on our support team. I would recommend continuing to troubleshoot the issue there, as that's going to be your best bet.

• CarrieLCarrieL Member Posts: 1

Greetings, please add me to the list of users who is having problems with bank transactions import function. I have not had an import since March 13, 2020 - I am banking with the BMO. Please advise if this will be resolved. I love this software, btw... hoping a fix is on the way soon.

• cgaraicgarai Member Posts: 17

This has yet to be resolved with my bank (Bank of the West). I'm pretty sure it is the data provider's fault (Square) because they are also used by Venmo and Venmo could not use instant access for this bank. Fortunately they had a way to "manually" add the account. As Square has no way for consumers to contact them, it would be great if Wave could follow up and find out what the problem is or add a manual verification method..
    Thanks,
    Chris