Options

Cannot connect LLOYDS business account (UK) to Wave

BESTBEST Member Posts: 3

Hi,
I am trying to connect our Lloyds Business account to Wave. It keeps on saying 'unable to connect' and does not give the option to add username or password. When I try to add the bank connection through the normal Lloyds link (not Business), it says your bank needs you to review our information. Please can someone let me know whether Lloyds business account does not allow to link with Wave.

edited August 30, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    theoribtheorib Member Posts: 1

I've got the same issue but I use to be able to connect with lloyds business.

@BEST said:
    Hi,
    I am trying to connect our Lloyds Business account to Wave. It keeps on saying 'unable to connect' and does not give the option to add username or password. When I try to add the bank connection through the normal Lloyds link (not Business), it says your bank needs you to review our information. Please can someone let me know whether Lloyds business account does not allow to link with Wave.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @BEST and @theorib.

From what I can see, the link for our connection doesn't match the link on the connection login page for either the personal or business accounts at Lloyds.

It seems to me that your bank changed something on their website without notifying our third-party bank data provider, which severed the connection. Our banking will see the connection errors and work to fix them in priority order.

For now, you'll have to upload your bank statements manually.

• Options

Thanks. When do you think it is likely to be fixed?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @BEST.

There's no way for us to know since it'll be taken care of by our bank data provider, not by us. They'll be getting to it as fast as they can while respecting their own priority order. I understand how frustrating this must be, but for now, your best option is to check periodically and upload your statements manually until the connection is back.

• Options

ok many thanks

• Options
    richardsw16richardsw16 Member Posts: 1

I am having the same problem with Lloyds. The original post in this thread was dated March 2018. Is there any news/developments, or should we give up trying?

• Options
    MerlinAccounts_UKMerlinAccounts_UK Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

@richardsw16 @BEST

Now that WAVE have announced termination of bank linking to UK/EU based bank accounts (effective September 2019) you need to look at using csv files for uploading or performing manual entries, so I wouldn't lose too much sleep over trying to get the connections to work,