how do I record house utilities paid from a personal account?

adrianaadriana Member Posts: 1

Maybe this has been asked before, but I don't find a clear answer, and I'm new at this, however, I want to understand properly.
I have a home-based business and I want to record a portion of the home utilities as business expenses, such as internet, electricity, etc.
How do I input that into Wave? Step by step.

I've read that I should create a bill? And then how do I record that has been paid? I've already paid those utilities with my personal account, but I want to claim just a percentage to the business.
Can someone point me to an article that explains this with screenshots, if there's any or explain it like you were explaining to a child (like for dummies, lol) I'm sorry, Accounting really gets me confused.

Really appreciated,
Adriana

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @adriana.

There's no shame in finding accounting confusing. It's a lot of information to process, and you're a small business owner, you have a lot on your plate already! Fortunately, that's exactly why we're here.

You're on the right path with creating a bill, there are just a few more steps to follow. Here's the guide on how to do it. The only difference between the example in the guide and your situation is that you'll be working with a bill instead of a receipt, but the end result is the same.

Are you new to Wave? If so, welcome! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need anything else.

edited March 13, 2018