Options

Google Sheets Bulk Journal Transaction Upload - Date Issue

EL_ConsultingEL_Consulting Member Posts: 1

Hello, in recent months I've noticed an issue with the date for journal transactions uploaded via Google Sheets. Although I'm selecting the correct date in via the Google Sheets interface, when the JE gets uploaded to Wave, the date is populated with the day before. This wasn't always the case, I started noticing this back in November. Please advise if this is something that will be fixed, it just requires an extra step for all JEs uploaded.

Comments

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @EL_Consulting! Sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with this! Our team has let me know that this issue could be caused by your 'geolocation'. The workaround would be to check your 'sheet' is in the correct timezone. To do this in Sheets: Click File -> Spreadsheet Settings, change location to Canada or US, change timezone to either Toronto or NYC time.

• Options
    megh9contactmegh9contact Member Posts: 22

I have one issue, I want to upload bulk Journal transaction and I am able to do the same.
    but We have one issue.

We want to create multiple entry against one account in spreadsheet with different description. but we are not able to do the same.

Please suggest on how we can achieve the same.

i.e. suppose one account is "Cash on Hand", in single transaction, I want to create 2 entry for the same with different description. I tried inserting row but it did not work.

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @megh9contact , thanks for your message. To clarify, you're trying to add more journal entries to your bulk journal upload? If so, you'd need to complete one upload, and then, do another separate one, if you want them to appear as separate journal entries in Wave.

• Options

Hi Callie,

As per my requirement, we need multiple entry of same account in SINGLE Journal Transaction.
    Example
    +++++++++++

Account Amount Debit Amount Credit Description

Cash On Hand 1000 Withdrawal for Stationary
    Cash On Hand 1000 Withdrawal for Printing
    Stationary account 1000 Withdrawal for Stationary
    Printing account 1000 Withdrawal for Printing

This Journal Transaction has 2 entry of cash on Hand. I can create this transaction from Journal Transaction Screen but not from waveconnect.

• Options

Indentation got ruined in previous post so posting again.

Above is a single Journal Transaction with multiple rows of single account.

• Options

Hi @megh9contact , Thanks for messaging me back! I realize I wasn't totally clear on my previous message there; allow me to expand.

The bulk journal entry feature in Wave Connect is specifically designed to avoid having multiple lines in the journal entry. It's designed specifically to be bulk entries, so, one big line entry for any and all credits or debits per account. If you need to parse the data out into multiple lines & categories, then you would need to do this from in-app directly, as the bulk uploader is only built to suit bulk journals, rather than individuated journals. (Or, if you want to use Wave Connect specifically, you can do one bulk journal, and then another, etc.)

• Options

we generally create journals with 100s of entry and its really difficult to select account on small screen. Even Old screen (full screen) was better than this screen which comes in side.

We thought that we can use the waveconnect for this purpose.
    You need to understand the pain for creating a Journal entry with 50-60 rows on such small scree.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @megh9contact, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you've been seeing with this situation, and I do apologize that we unfortunately do not have any alternatives to your particular scenario, if you need to create journal entries with that amount of information.

• Options

I understand but you should also think about it.
    If this feature is available from front end then this should be available in waveconnect as well.
    We should be able to create copy of row.

Please check feasibility.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @megh9contact

I wonder if our upcoming new updates to the transactions page will help in the layout of your journal entries?

Our team would also recommend that you create separate journal entries for the double cash on hand debits. Just curious what the use case scenario of having a multi-line single journal transaction is in your case? I ask because I'd like to get to know more about how some users operate in their accounts. Thanks so much.

• Options

Use case

We have 2 office boys A&B. A works for HR(30%) and Admin(70%). B works for Admin(40%) and Accounts(60%). We pay them 12000 per month.

We pay them in cash, this is how we create entry.

If you notice, we have 2 entries of "Cash on hand" and 2 entries of "Admin Expense". We have so many such entries and we create a single Journal for all else it would be time consuming as we have more then 30 office boys and their salary is distributed over many departments and this change every month.

Our Journal has more than 50-70 lines many times. If you can suggest something to create Journal, it would be great.

• Options

Also, now, Create transaction page is very small in side. earlier it was full page. so its very difficult to enter values on such small screen.

• Options
    Kristian_GKristian_G Member Posts: 56 admin

Hey @megh9contact!

To echo what other have already said above, I am afraid that it does sound like that this is something that would need to be done in-app. You've mentioned a few times that the transactions page is appearing as quite small or difficult to use, and I was wondering if you'd be able to provide us with a screenshot with what you're seeing on your end?

Something I want to mention is that the full Wave app is designed and intended to be used on a computer, and not on a smartphone or tablet. While it's possible to do so, you may (as I believe you might already have) find that it's difficult to use due to the reduced size of the screen on a mobile device or tablet.

If you are not using a mobile device or tablet, I'd still like to a screenshot to get a better sense of what you're experiencing on your end.

• Options

New Transaction Creation Screen

Old Journal Transaction Screen

• Options

I am using waveapps on computer.

• Options

Hey again @megh9contact , thanks so much for your thorough replies & context-adding here.

OLD VS NEW TRANSACTIONS PAGE
    We've heard a lot of feedback about the old transactions page being more conducive to editing like this, and we've taken it to heart. In our new transactions page launch, which is our accounting product's team primary focus right now, the transactions page will return to a similar inline editing experience that you had on the old page. Thanks for this feedback - and thanks for your patience as we build out our response to it.

WHAT TO DO NOW
    Given that we're still in the current transactions page, and Wave Connect's limits on journal entries have been addressed, here's what I would suggest for next steps:

• If you need each journal line to be parsed out, then you can either do individual bulk entries, or, do this in-app. I understand the circumstance needing the specific parsing in order to accurately reflect what's happening in the business, and so the only way to reflect that as you want it to be reflected would be by using the transactions page and scrolling up and down in the editing modal, or, doing smaller bulk journals in Wave Connect. But again, Wave Connect's journal feature is specifically built to be for bulk actions, which it sounds like is not what you're after.
    • Otherwise, if you don't mind not having it parsed out specifically for the A/B salary situations, you can just add up the totals and enter bulk items per line in Wave Connect, as this is what the add-on is specifically designed for.

I hope that makes sense for you here. Best of luck!