New to Wave

alphaalpha Member Posts: 2

I am running a small business and have been using Sage line 50 for quite a few years. Am just getting started with Wave. I am not an accountant so although I do get accounts, I would rely heavily on the backup and restore feature of sage to redo transactions when I got them wrong; especially to take a pre-year end backup. I am wondering if there is a rewind and redo feature in Wave ?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @alpha.

That's not currently a feature available in Wave, but it's a really interesting one. I'd love to hear about a few specific ways that it has come in handy for your in the particular context of your business.

Wave doesn't close out the year like other accounting tools do. We don't lock you out of historical data. You can still modify past transactions, retroactively add anything you might have missed, and bring up past reports. If you want a little bit more information on how Wave manages the year-end process (or, probably more accurately, how it doesn't need to), let me know and we'll dig in a little deeper.

• alphaalpha Member Posts: 2

thanks Alexia. It really does not help my business but help me as I am an accounting novice. My business is property based so it's really simple. expenses and rental income. I basically every month or two I'll update the accounts. However, if I make a mistake, I can update roll back. You are also correct that Sage does remove previous year's data. Again another reason I was asking.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

While you can't exactly rewind in Wave, @alpha, you can always edit old data to make sure it's accurate. We also have a bank reconciliation feature to help you find mistakes.

It's a very interesting idea! Thank you for bringing it up. I can't guarantee it will be implemented in Wave, but user input has a significant impact on how we choose to build new features in Wave.