"Banking" "Connected Accounts" no longer showing when the last update was

DarenDaren Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

This debacle now seems to be going from bad to worse. My connected account is no longer showing when it last updated. It now just states "Automatically import transactions into Accounting", however there seems to be nothing automatic about it. It has now been 3 days since it last updated.

Please Wave get this fixed. This new aggregator is greatly failing your company. Please go back to your old aggregator with hat in hand and do what you can to have them take you back. This new aggregator is clearly showing they do not have the ability to do this job.

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Daren

My apologies that you're experiencing an issue with our aggregator. Often times it can take a few business days for transactions to update.

If you head to Banking > Connected accounts > Are your appropriate accounts turned on or connected here? Could you kindly try reconnecting or re-adding the bank? You can do this by deleting the connection and trying to reinstate it, but be sure to edit your transactions import date to the date of your last successfully imported transaction so that you don't duplicate your imports.

Let us know if you're still having troubles with this. You can also submit a support ticket on our website!

• DarenDaren Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

Hi BarsinA,

It seems like it is now working approximately once a day typically randomly in the night. Is there anyway you can get back the connect now button? I suspect most if not all those using the system only need it to sync with their bank when they are doing their accounting. This auto system is a poor replacement for the connect now button.

Thanks,
    Daren

• DanaZDanaZ Member Posts: 1

same exact problem and I have the same suggestions- why can't we "connect now?"

I have followed all the steps above but nothing has happened. still 3 days and counting since it was updated. I'd like to do my accounting now not randomly when this decides to import transactions.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @DanaZ and @Daren! The 'refresh now' button is currently one of the top priorities of the development teams to get reestablished on the platform. I'm sorry for the inconveniences you've been seeing surrounding the update time of current bank connections, but we will need to wait for the team to make that release in order to see progress on this issue.

• DaneLLDaneLL Member Posts: 2

My bank account hasn't updated since March 17. No refresh or update button is a problem. My bank changed their online system March 17 and now Wave doesn't connect or give me an option to correct the login.

• LEMLEM Member Posts: 1

I CANNOT SEE, TO ACCESS ANYTHING. I HAVE USED WAVE SINCE YOUR INCEPTION AND DIDN'T YOU JUST CHANGE BANK SERVICERS? WHY ARE YOU DOING IT AGAIN? WHY AM I ONLY GETTING "SORRY. THERE WAS A PROBLEM. TRY AGAIN LATER." WHEN I TRY TO RECONNECT TO MY BANKS BANK OF AMERICA AND WELLS FARGO???? I AM IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION AND HAVE ALWAYS RELIED ON YOU GUYS AND NOW? NOTHING.....WHAT IS GOING ON?

Hey there @DaneLL

In these cases I'd recommend reaching out to our support team to help you diagnose the issue by escalating it to our third party data aggregator. You could in theory also try deleting the bank connection and reinstating it again. If you do this be sure to edit your transaction import date to reflect the latest transaction imported into Wave so as not to get doubles in your account.

@LEM I may need some additional information as to what may have happened here. Did you initially delete the connection and now you're trying to reinstate it? Could you kindly provide more context as to what may have happened as well as some additional screenshots of the error your seeing in your Wave account? Thanks so much.

• DaneLLDaneLL Member Posts: 2

I don't see how deleting/adding the bank connection will do any good. Manual import of bank statement works for me.

@DaneLL

Glad to hear it!

• IritIrit Member Posts: 5

this is not very helpful. I have this problem with B of A that transactions won't import for days at a time.
    no problem with Regions bank at all.
    Why is it and how can it be resolved?

Hey @Irit

Wave's new banking aggregator does not have an automatic update feature at this time, so it is based on when Plaid our data aggregator updates your bank accounts automatically. My apologies if there is a delay in this, I understand that some people wish to have this live, but at this time that feature is not available with our new data aggregator.

• Jimmer5409Jimmer5409 Member Posts: 2

I have seven accounts set up on Wave and i have not been able to download any bank transactions for a few weeks now. I see there a lots of other users who seem to be experiencing the same issue. Is this effecting all users? Is there a way to correct the problem?

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jimmer5409 , we don't seem to be having any larger outages at the moment. Please get in touch with our Support team directly by submitting a ticket and they'd be more than happy to help you troubleshoot these individual connections.

• DarenDaren Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

Hi AlexL

I am still facing an outage since Aug 19. Below is the last email interaction I received from Kamala.

Please help, I really need this to start working.

Hi Darren,

Hope your day is going well.

I got a response on this. Our bank data aggregator has identified an issue with their (My Bank)
    integration that is causing import issues for a few users. They are working on resolving it, however due to the severity of the issue they are unable to give us an ETA at this time on when this could be resolved. I understand this is not good news and apologize for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, there are a couple of different methods you can use to get your transactions in Wave without a bank connection.You can upload statements manually either from your transactions page by clicking on "More" on the top right of the page and uploading a CSV file (you can refer to this article for more information) or by using our google sheets integration Wave Connect.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Have a good day!

Kamala

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Daren , if our bank data aggregator is having an issue that they're working on, I'm afraid we do have to wait for them to fix the issue before your transactions start importing into Wave again.

As mentioned, you can upload statements in the meantime through the options that Kamala listed in her email.