Spark Business Account Integration

EncompassEncompass Member Posts: 2

I was finally able to connect Wave to my Capital One accounts, but my Spark business accounts don't show up. Has anyone had this problem? When will this issue get resolved?

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Encompass . Do your Spark business accounts not connect can you not find them when searching for your bank?

• EncompassEncompass Member Posts: 2
    Hi there when I connect to capitalone the spark accounts don’t show up. Normally they would show up with my other capitalone accounts...
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Encompass there are some pretty widespread issues with Capital One as a whole currently. Our data provider is working on creating some workarounds to see what they can do to get the connections up and running, however for the time being, if a Capital One Spark account is not showing up, then for this account, you will likely have to upload statements in the interim. I'd recommend taking a look at this help center article that further explains the issues with Capital One as a whole.

• DoWhatMattersDoWhatMatters Member Posts: 1

Just called Capital One Spark and they said that Wave does not meet their security requirements for connection. Will Wave work with Capital One to resolve this issue?

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @DoWhatMatters - thanks for your message! In this case, CapOne and our banking partner, Plaid, are the two parties which need to work together; Wave uses Plaid, a third party, to manage bank connections. Plaid is continuously working with banks to keep up with their security changes, which can happen frequently and without notice. Thanks for your patience while they work to help keep this connection secure & reliable together!

As it stands though, right now Spark specifically is not an option to connect to in Wave. I'm sorry about this inconvenience. You can request that this connection be built by heading to Banking > Connected Accounts > type in random info, like 00909009, into the bank search bar. Then, click the 'Can't find your bank?' prompt which appears, and enter the Spark info you would want built for a connection. Increasing demand for the connection is the best way to help it get built.

• HighlineHighline Member Posts: 4

Here is the issue. It (Capital One - Spark - Plaid) started working and then it stopped. It still shows as a connected account (see screenshot) but it doesn't show "Last updated" like other connected accounts. It did one day and then it stopped. I REALLY need to know whether this will be working at some point or whether I need to go back to importing manually. If I start importing manually now and it starts working then I have a whole bunch of work to figure out duplicate transactions. Can Wave PLEASE give a clear answer on this?

edited August 6, 2020
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Highline , thanks for your message here. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your bank connection here. In general for bank connections, please submit a ticket to our Support team where a dedicated agent can provide the personalized support this type of issue solicits. I'm confident they'll be able to find a solution with you.

• HighlineHighline Member Posts: 4

Thanks Callie, but it would be helpful if you edited your previous post that says that Spark is not an option in Wave. It clearly is because I am connected to it and have posted a screenshot.

So, before I reach out to support, can you clearly state that Spark IS supported and your previous post was in error? If so, then it makes sense for me to reach out to support. If you are absolutely sure it ISN'T supported, then I will just assume that my web page has something goofy going on.