Payment Method List

gjcesgjces Member Posts: 2

Hi,
I searched before posting but wasn't able to find the answer.
I would like to add another payment method to the existing list but I can't seem to find out out to do it:
Referring to step 3 on the invoice. Clicking on the "Record a Payment" button brings up a pop-up and under Payment Method I would like a new option. Can anybody help please?
Many thanks

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @gjces.

What payment method are you looking for? Wave doesn't currently allow you to add new payment methods, but maybe I can make a suggestion on how to handle your payment. As a worst-case scenario, you always have the option to choose "Other" and add a note to the payment specifying what that means.

• gjcesgjces Member Posts: 2

Hi Alexia, thank you for your reply. I have a card reader (iZettle) and when a customer pays using their debit card, I'd like to record it in the payment method on the invoice. For example:
    If a customer pays by bank transfer, the invoice is updated with:
    "A payment for . ‎was made using a bank payment."
    However, if I select 'other', the invoice is updated with:
    "A payment for . ‎was made." and the rest of the sentence is missing.
    Ideally, I would like it to read:
    "A payment for . ‎was made using iZettle."
    Gavin

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

It might be a good idea to post this as a feature idea, @gjces. If you're interested in doing that, read this post first. It explains everything you need to know to let us know how this would improve your business' workflows.

For now, however, you'll have to choose another one of the options offered when you accept a payment.

edited March 18, 2018
  • A_PlusA_Plus Member Posts: 2

Yes, custom payment methods would be ideal! We would like to be able to specify debit payments as well as e-transfers, but currently cannot.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

Appreciate the +1 here @A_Plus. While we currently don't have anything specific in the works in terms of customizing payment methods on invoices, it's definitely worth giving us a bit of an idea of how you would like to see this in Wave, and what your business type is. We want to gather as much context as we possible can before we say whether or not this feature is the right fit for us in this moment, so any feedback you can drop in is highly appreciated.

• BoggestowBoggestow Member Posts: 6

We should be able to define a custom payment type -- CashApp, Venmo, etc. We should be able to customize the list as well because I will not be using the PayPal source ... we will be using Square.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Boggestow . For now, I'd choose "Other" as the payment method, and add exactly what it was under the memo/notes. This will allow you to track the payment type in the interim.

• MeccaMecca Member Posts: 1

My account shows that I have the option to pay via Direct Deposit, when I go to set it up, it send me back to the Payroll setup page

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Mecca! The reason you're seeing that would be due to the Payroll direct deposit feature within Wave. If you're located outside of North America or the countries supported by Wave and Stripe's integrations, then you unfortunately will not be able to use Wave Payments.

• bpatebpate Member Posts: 4

I currently accept payments in my customer's choice of: cash, check, zelle, venmo, square or paypal. It would be very helpful to be able to specify which method of payment was used and have it show up on the printed invoice. Even if it says something like - the payment was made using other / venmo - it would be better than what is currently available.

• SueC56SueC56 Member Posts: 2

I, too, would like to be able to specify Venmo (or any other system that develops).