Receipts

DonnaPDonnaP Member Posts: 3

Hi I'm not sure that I am in the right place. I am trying to find out if you can manually enter receipts.

Comments

• starburstnowstarburstnow Member Posts: 10

Couple ways of doing this I have noticed.

Desktop Method:
    Under Purchases> Receipts
    You will see upload first receipt if it is your first time. Go ahead and either take a picture of your receipt and upload it or a random picture. This will take you to another screen. Once there you can select it and input manually your info.

App Method
    Download app from your store and login.

Take a picture of the receipt or anything and you will be able to manually input info.

Seems like there is no button to say manually input but you have to trick the system by having a picture. What I am doing is having the same generic picture for everything but I think it is for record keeping soo they want you to have a copy of that receipt in digital copy.

If anyone have a better way then correct me if I am wrong.

Best Regards,
    Stanley Fu

• DonnaPDonnaP Member Posts: 3

Thank you. I was hoping I could load receipts without having to take photos every receipt

@DonnaP said:
    Thank you. I was hoping I could load receipts without having to take photos every receipt

I would recommend this and I still do it (only the scanner part). If you think taking pictures is annoying cause waveapp does have an OK convenient app. Buy a receipt scanner and scan it first have it on computer then process it into waveapp. For a couple of businesses I don't input receipts into the app I do another way.

• DonnaPDonnaP Member Posts: 3

Thanks how is the other way you do it please

Use the old school excel way and just categorize and type, date, amount.

Best Regards,
    Stanley Fu
  • MishMish Member Posts: 1
    Hello I was wondering if you could help me troubleshoot what may be going on with my app I take a picture of the receipt but nothing happens
    It doesnt process, go to review or anything I can only see it if I click the camera button and its there but after the check mark is selected nothing is there
    Is it still under processing or review?

Best Regards,
    Stanley Fu
  • wjgpeng2wjgpeng2 Member Posts: 1

I have the same problem. It doesn't work.

• JamiertJamiert Member Posts: 1

How do we enter a credit receipt? for example a store return?

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Mish & @wjgpeng2! Sorry to hear you are having issues. Try deleting the app and re-adding it again if you are having trouble. Otherwise, I recommend checking out our Receipts Help Center to see if somme of the information there helps with the issues you are having.

Hi @Jamiert! When uploading a receipt you will only have the option to select expense accounts. If you have a receipt for a credit it would be best to work with the income transaction from the Transactions page in your Wave account and categorize it as a 'Refund for Expense'.