How can I add a new credit card account to an existing bank connection?

Jeff_VoegtlinJeff_Voegtlin Member Posts: 1

I recently got a new credit card account at Chase bank. I already have my Wave account connected to Chase bank. Is there a way for the connection to be "refreshed" and the new account recognized and added. It appears that I have to create a new connection and exclude the accounts that I have already so that I don't have duplicate imports.

Thank you,

Comments

• rac_atxrac_atx Member Posts: 1

I have this exact same question, just for a different bank (Regions) and I've added a different type of account (money market). Following!

• vacationlandvacationland Member Posts: 1

I have a Credit Card Account in the list of Accounts but it appears to no longer have a connection. When I added the connection it created the account as a Checking Account. Wave won't allow me to change the Account Type of the new connection, nor to add a connection to the existing Credit Card account. Help!

• Alex_7Alex_7 Member Posts: 3

Same question here.

• Alex_7Alex_7 Member Posts: 3

I was able to figure out a fix for this. You actually have to disconnect the bank then reconnect it. I had three concerns doing this; 1) on reconnection would Wave know what account to tie each discrete bank account to (checking, CC, etc), 2) on reconnection will it duplicate transactions, 3) will disconnecting for one company affect the other (I have one global chase account with 2 company accounts within)?

I was actually quite please with the process. 1) on reconnection Wave asked me to assign each account I wanted "on" for the business to an account within the business already (the new CC was assigned to "new account", which Wave automatically labelled "Credit Card"). 2) on reconnection I was prompted how far back I'd like to import for each account & Wave seemed to suggest the day after my latest transaction within Wave for that account- pretty slick. You're also able to set different dates for each account (checking, CC etc). 3) Disconnecting did not affect my other businesses within the same Wave account.

I'm a new user but so far I'm finding Wave pretty impressive as I bump into these little challenges.

• PeterMPPeterMP Member Posts: 1

Thank you to Alex_7, I just tried doing this, I "deleted" my existing connection (Silicon Valley Bank), added it again, but was not prompted to add credit cards, only the existing account.

• cmwebvatocmwebvato Member Posts: 1

Same here. I reconnected my bank account (Chase) but no further option was provided to add a credit card. Also NO option for Instant Payouts.