Merge Coming?

vetsvets Member Posts: 3

I have been seeing for months now that merge will be coming soon - but still nothing.

I want to be able to click two items and merge them - not delete a bank transaction, etc.

This is abig issue for me - so please advise on ETA??

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @vets.

I understand your frustration with the wait, but I can't give you an ETA on this feature, but our engineers are hard at work. We want to make sure that this feature is completely stable before release, so we can make sure it doesn't compromise the integrity of your data. Our priority is always to make sure your data stays accurate.

edited March 15, 2018
  • vetsvets Member Posts: 3

Of course - but I am spending a great deal of time dealing with matching transactions with expenses, as well as now we cannot upload partner paid receipts and match those to an equity account as a short term liability as we do not have the cash on hand to pay it out at this time. Its acceptable under GAAP, and under the software we used to use, it is still possible. We have been on WAVE for over a year now, but it is becoming more time consuming trying to work this. I am not the only person saying this. I really want to stay on WAVE, but you guys are making a great product into a decent product that is too restrictive -

Hi @vets.

If you would want to handle one of the partners of a business paying for business expenses, you would follow the steps outlined here. But you're right in saying that it wouldn't let you keep track of these amounts effectively.

There is a reimbursement feature for our Payroll users which might make things easier, but if you aren't interested in the other parts of that service, your workaround of accounting for it as a short-term liability account works well.

edited March 27, 2018
  • vetsvets Member Posts: 3

Except the issue Alexia - is that your developers do not allow us to put anything into a short-term liability account and it appear on the balance sheet. It becomes a zombie receipt out there - this really sucks -

Hi @vets.

We don't let you pay out of an account under "Other Short-Term Liabilities" because those don't represent payments accounts. Your easiest option would be to treat those accounts as credit cards. That would allow you to record payments for your invoices from your partner's own money and treat them as liabilities to be reimbursed.