Unidentified Charges from Wave in Bank Account

mkmmkm Member Posts: 3

Hello.

New to Wave. I have discovered two charges in my bank statements associated with Wave, but are not directly associated with a Customer Invoice / Payment / Refund / etc.

How can these charges be identified within the Wave system?

Meaning where in the Wave account can I find more information about these transactions besides the transaction details?

The transaction details for each of the charges states that is was downloaded from my bank and is not a Wave generated expense / transaction record.

Are there additional charges from Wave (like quarterly subscription fees, etc.) that I'm just simply not aware of?

Customer invoicing / payment system is great!

I just can't figure out what these charges are for / associated with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @mkm! Thanks for reaching out here, I'd love to look into this with you as best as I can. Can you send me a DM with your email as well as information around your business that has the ability to process those payments? I feel like most of this conversation will deal with some of your personal/business information that you might not want to share on a public forum. Talk soon.

• mkmmkm Member Posts: 3

Thank you for your reply Conner and I apologize for the late response. I am just now revisiting this "problem" I have which has now escalated to four instances rather than two.

I do not know how to send you a DM because I have no clue what that is (direct message perhaps?) or how to actually send one to you.

Please provide instructions on how to send you the DM so we can continue attempting to resolve this matter.

Basically without going into a lot of personal / business information details here, the bank statement(s) are showing four transactions (over the course of the past 16 months) which were debited from the business bank account (just like every other deposit/expense that Wave transacts via the bank information on file with Wave and sent directly to Wave.

However, when looking these same transactions up within the Wave account file, the information Wave provides to me is that these same four transactions were downloaded from the business bank account into Wave.

So in summary, Wave is saying "we have no information regarding these transactions - please check with your bank".

But the bank statement is listing Wave as the Payee and listing the card we have on file with you along with the Wave phone number.

So yes, please send me the DM information so I can share more detailed business information with you so we can get to the bottom of this matter. Even if all you can do is to assist me with learning what exact information / questions I need to specifically ask the bank it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Conner and I look forward to reviewing this matter with you in the near future.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @mkm! Thanks for reaching back out here. I can see that you'd reached out to the support team over chat, and that you've connected with Sam on this via email follow-up. I'll leave you in his incredibly capable hands, and Sam has been made aware of the additional context that you've offered up here. Thanks again!

• mkmmkm Member Posts: 3

Matter (the question) is resolved.

Thanks to Sam and others on the Wave Support team for all their efforts regarding this inquiry.

After receiving his reply which ensured the charges were not Wave related and following his suggestion, I did what should have done initially (my apologies for having wasted everyone's time and services by not being as diligent as I should have been) and called the phone number associated with the transactions.

Sure enough, the expenses pertain to a company called Wave Broadband which I had not previously come across in any business transactions (working on two years worth of downloaded banking transactions).

Again, my apologies. I should have noticed the different phone # listed and tried calling the number before ever reaching out to the Wave Community or the Wave Support Team.

So for anyone who comes across this thread, please call those phone #'s listed along with the banking transactions. :>)

• JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

@mkm Thanks for letting us know! Glad Sam was able to help you out!. Stay safe and have a great week!