Options

How do I mark an invoice Paid with API?

ManishPatelManishPatel Member Posts: 12

HI,

I'm using Wave with WooCommerce which happens to be an eCommerce site plugin. When an order is created, I get the payment through the payment gateway. I'm able to create the invoice programmatically but I'm not able to mark it as paid when payment is received on the website.

Can someone please guide me how can I do it?

Comments

• Options

Bump. Can I please get a reply? Thanks

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @ManishPatel! Thanks for reaching out here. I've spoken with my engineering teams, and they've let me know that this is not something that we have an immediate solution for, but it is something that they would like to add in the future. There is a similar discussion in this Community thread here, which could serve to clarify this a little further for you. We appreciate you reaching out, and your patience in getting a response within this thread.

• Options

Hello ConnorM,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please let me know if you have a timeline for it?

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @ManishPatel, unfortunately we do not have a timeline for this.

• Options
    JenniPPRJenniPPR Member Posts: 2

@ManishPatel what payment gateway are you using?

• Options
    solosailssolosails Member Posts: 26
    Hi, this is a feature that I feel is essential for streamlining transactions. For me, to have an api that allows automated transactions is great, but becomes almost pointless if one has to then go over each one and manually enter data to make it a completed transaction.

Please can you enable api access to payments and payment accounts? Thanks!
  • Options
    QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

Hi @solosails, thanks for your feedback here! As you have pointed out, Wave does not currently offer this feature within this version of our app. However, we're always looking for feedback from our customers on how we can improve our software with every update we make. We appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through our Community looking for feature updates requested by our users.

• Options
    JotaDJotaD Member Posts: 1

@ConnorM This would really helpful, We need to sync 20-40 invoices a day and manually input the payment its really time bad spent that cost money. we would really appreciate if you speed up this :smiley: Thanks

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @JotaD , thanks for your message. We've taken this feedback in and will keep you all updated if/when this initiative is launched!

• Options
    andrew_idsandrew_ids Member Posts: 1

@CallieP really would like to see this too. We're syncing dozens of orders everyday and having to input the payment manually makes the process very inefficient.

Any update on this feature?

Thanks a lot.

• Options
    MilanMilan Member Posts: 14

@CallieP Any update on this?

• Options
    SilviaSilvia Member Posts: 1

@CallieP Pleaseplease make this available for API, it's such an essential function. Now all our customers who have paid online receive an invoice that calls them to pay it again. Not good.

• Options
    ErkanErkan Member Posts: 1

Im also in need of such a API feature. Zapier and the current PayPal integration are lackiing and Im still waiting for the API to be expanded, so we can write our own Scripts. Please develope this if possible asap 🙏😀

Edit:
    I've searched the Site for a Roadmap and found this gem:

Thanks Wave Team and I hope this feature will be released soon :blush:

edited September 5, 2020
  • Options
    KarskipKarskip Member Posts: 3

Do we know when the Invoice API changes are going to be? Last post still says September 2020. Its November no updates on the page.

• Options
    CeelabbCeelabb Member Posts: 8

can you please add the ability to split transactions to the api.

it would be so helpful and save me a huge amount of time if my transactions imported to wave via the wave connector plug in for woo commerce. if the shipping and and vat was already split within the transaction.

• Options
    SamFaganSamFagan Member Posts: 1

I'd also like to bump this request.

• Options
    harunharun Member Posts: 1

bumping this thread. Marking an invoice paid is essential.
    without this, the workflow is broken.