Cannot upload bank statement

CassandraCassandra Member Posts: 3

So I am new user to this platform and I am trying to upload the bank statement but it keep saying "Wave is having difficulty reading the dates of your transactions" even though I change it into correct format. So, I am totally lost on what to do. Can anybody give me some tips?

Comments

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Cassandra I'd highly recommend taking a look at this trouble shooting article from our Help Center. As per the article, can you try uploading the amounts in one column as opposed to one for credits and one for debits?

• CassandraCassandra Member Posts: 3

@JordanD Hi I did what you suggested and I still get the same message. Also, I could not access to the link that you have provided. I already looked through the articles on "Upload a bank or credit card statement in .csv format" and "What to do if Wave can't read your statement in CSV format". I still get the same meassage as before and I am honestly lost and don't know what to do.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Cassandra! Instead of using dashes in your date column, can you try using slashes between Y/M/D?

• CassandraCassandra Member Posts: 3

Hey @ConnorM , I try what you said but still the same result.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Cassandra

Typically we've seen uploading issues with users who are on a VPN or have some network firewall issues. Also some antivirus programs have issues with uploading or downloading content from a browser. I'm curious if this may be causing the communication error. I see that your error message specifically mentions the date, but it might be worth trying to use a chrome incognito browser here to see if this might work. Also disabling your VPN or Antivirus temporarily for the upload.

Alternatively have you looked into Wave Connect as a backup?