Balance is Wrong on Wave

RJKRJK Member Posts: 2

After balancing my bank statement numerous times from all transactions from 2017 to 2020 and having the exact numbers from the bank line items matching Wave line items, the balance on the bank compared to Wave is incorrect. I print screened both bank and Wave line items and every number on both accounts matches perfectly but the balance between the two is incorrect. How can this be? The bank has verified the calculations are correct. Can technical support ensure the data fields are correct to ensure the proper balance. I have balanced about 5 times now and come up with the exact same matching numbers but different final balances. Frustrated.

edited March 13, 2020 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @RJK! I'm sorry to hear about the discrepancies you're seeing within your Wave accounting at present. Can you post a screenshot here of the exact issues you've been seeing? Also, how far off is that balance? Would love to check this out with you!

• RJKRJK Member Posts: 2

We figured it out. A bank deposit from Paypal which was made was not posted to the bank account until a week later and a call to the bank for balance issues. The bank was in error. Apologize for the alarm.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

No worries at all, @RJK, thanks for the update :) Glad to hear it got sorted!