160320 - Journal Entries have disappeared.

KaewenKaewen Member Posts: 5

Hi. I can't seem to find my journal entries. I tried the search and filter options. But can't find any of my journal entries.

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @Kaewen! When searching for Journal Transactions make sure you have 'All Accounts' selected in the account picker on the Transactions page and then try to filter for journal transactions. If you have a specific account selected the journal entries will not show.

• KaewenKaewen Member Posts: 5
    Hi @EmmaP
    Thanks for the response.
    A few weeks ago, I was able to see the journal transactions in my specific accounts. (Which I move the money from)

But now they only appear under All Accounts, but not their respective ones.

Was there an update on this?
  • kklohkkloh Member Posts: 1

How does one retrieve a journal which was accidentally deleted on a specific date?

edited March 26, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @kkloh

Unfortunately once a transaction is deleted in Wave it cannot be retrieved. Only recreated. The reason for this is that your accounting program has a lot of private data and Wave clears the transaction information from our system immediately.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this!

• JKMosaicJKMosaic Member Posts: 3

I filtered for the month of June 2019 in an attempt to locate a specific transaction. And there are zero expense entries for that month! I'm trying to get my tax info together for my accountant and I'm finding that transactions are missing, and now I can't even connect to my bank. I'm trying not to panic.

• KaewenKaewen Member Posts: 5
    Hi guys. As of 27th March. The visibility of journal entries in their specific accounts is back to normal.
    I can easily find them again
  • AccountsProAccountsPro Member Posts: 103 ✭✭

@JKMoasaic - probably doesn't apply but worth a shot. Have you tried clearing Browser history?

Trying to think of solutions.

But maybe its a reflow that you need, which I read about in another post, someone else reported not seeing correct totals and WaveApps did a "reflow" on their Wave account... and the totals appeared correctly after that.

I'm interested to see what Admin says about this one!

edited March 30, 2020