Options

Cash Flow's ending balance doesn't match Balance Sheet's cash on hand

AldoAldo Member Posts: 7

Hear me out. Something very odd happened when I was writing in today's sales. I recorded everything as usual, but then I noticed my cash flow's balance wasn't matching "all accounts" cash, which is the cash on hand shown in the balance sheet. I doubled checked everything, and found out through the Trial Balance that it is unbalanced by the same extra amount found in the balance sheet that is missing in the cash flow ending balance. I made sure there weren't any accounts receivable that might be affecting. The accounts receivables were properly balanced. It's that extra cash in the balance sheet that's not correctly matching equity and liabilities, therefore showing me an unbalanced, balance sheet. Which is weird because wave doesn't allow you to record an unbalanced entry. Any help as of why this might be happening? By the way, these all happened today. I was checking past days balance sheet, and it is indeed balanced. It's just this one day I just found out.

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Aldo! I can see that you'd posted in the other 'Fixing my Trial Balance' thread as well, so I'm just going to be acknowledging your comment there, but solving the issue here. I'd taken a look into your account, and it was a matter of a small bug that we see from time to time within Wave. I've gone ahead and done a reflow of the data within your account, which should serve to fix this up nicely for us! Let me know if it doesn't and we can take a deeper dive together :)

• Options

@ConnorM said:
    Hey @Aldo! I can see that you'd posted in the other 'Fixing my Trial Balance' thread as well, so I'm just going to be acknowledging your comment there, but solving the issue here. I'd taken a look into your account, and it was a matter of a small bug that we see from time to time within Wave. I've gone ahead and done a reflow of the data within your account, which should serve to fix this up nicely for us! Let me know if it doesn't and we can take a deeper dive together :)

Hey man, thanks for that. I was going crazy trying to consolidate my reports. I'm so glad it wasn't on my end. Thanks! love the app btw.

• Options

Hey, the app glitched out again. The cash on hand from balance sheet is not right.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Aldo

Your account is looking in good standing order. Could you try and reconcile your accounts? Also reminder that your cash on hand account is meant to be an actual Cash-on-hand based account. If your business uses mostly cash, then I understand why you may be using this, but if not, you'll want to recreate your business' bank accounts or connect them using the banking > connected accounts page.

• Options
    Hello @BarsinA and thanks for the reply!

We're actually an all cash small business, so that's why I just kept it like that. I realized it was all okay, sorry, that was days ago. My reports have all been working well these days. Sorry for taking up your time.
  • Options

@BarsinA Hi sorry to bother you again. But my reports aren't getting updated by my new journal transactions. The balance sheet isn't reflecting movement between my accounts, neither cash income or expense. I believe I'm experiencing the same glitch I had before.

edited May 1, 2020
  • Options

@Aldo said:
    @BarsinA Hi sorry to bother you again. But my reports aren't getting updated by my new journal transactions. The balance sheet isn't reflecting movement between my accounts, neither cash income or expense. I believe I'm experiencing the same glitch I had before.

It took couple of hours but everything seems to be working normally. Sorry for bothering you.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Aldo , it looks like some users are currently experiencing issues with Reports. Thanks for flagging this for us and we're hoping to have everything back to normal shortly.

• Options
    drarunbabudrarunbabu Member Posts: 1

I too have a similar problem. I am not a professional accountant.
    My cash on hand as shown in the transactions page (in the top left corner) is different from that of balance sheet.
    Could not fix the issue

• Options
    kwhitekwhite Member Posts: 5

I'm also hitting this issue. It appears to be a from a deleted account which had transactions in it (which I cannot undelete / unarchive)

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @drarunbabu , can you confirm that your filters are selected correctly? Your information can appear differently based on what dates you have selected.

If you're still have issues after that, please provide some screenshots and we'd be happy to take a further look.

@kwhite I'm happy to see that you were able to get this solved over ticket with a member from our Support team!