Options

Connect customer and vendor

fgaborfgabor Member Posts: 1

Is there a way I can connect the same customer and vendor to report a balance for a given period?

Comments

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @fgabor.

You do have access to two reports (Income by customer and Purchases by vendors) from the Reports page, those might do what you need.

Do you mean that one of your customers is also a vendor and you'd like to be able to see their total balance?

• Options
    renene92renene92 Member Posts: 2

@Alexia said:
    Hi @fgabor.

You do have access to two reports (Income by customer and Purchases by vendors) from the Reports page, those might do what you need.

Do you mean that one of your customers is also a vendor and you'd like to be able to see their total balance?

me too... a number of my customers are also vendors

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for adding to this, @renene92.

Can you tell me a bit more about your business? I'd love to get a better idea of your workflow around these vendors that are also clients.

• Options
    T0tal_BaliT0tal_Bali Member Posts: 3

We own a villa agency and have to do reporting for the company and the villa.
    Is there anyway that we can have our paid invoices for that money enter both reports?
    The company profile will show that we were paid, and we sent the money minus commission to the villa owner.
    We want to have our profit calculated, but also the booking revenue that the owner made that month (No need for expenditures on this report)

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 1,156 admin

@T0tal_Bali I just want to confirm something here -- it sounds like you are referring to gaining commission on the villa that you are managing and are looking to pass the rent on to the property owner (such as AirBnB). If so, you will need to show the initial inflow of funds coming for the space, keep the commission and then pass the rest on to the owner, not necessarily as an expense but perhaps as a short-term liability (since you are just holding the funds for the owner). Technically a profit to the company, and commission to the host/owner of the properly.

• Options

Hi Jamie

Yes correct
    But we need to do reports for our villa owners on their monthly bookings as well as a company report.
    I was wondering if this was possible to have 2 sets of reports from our invoices?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @T0tal_Bali . As Wave doesn't fully support property management, there is no real way to separate these reports. Currently, you can run a company report for an overall picture of what's going on with your books. An alternative to this would be to set up different businesses for each property allowing you to run reports on each, but then you wouldn't be able to run a company report.

• Options

Thank you for the reply @alexlewiszarkos
    That makes sense, I guess we can just pull the different business reports and make them into one main report on Excel for our main business.

Its hard as we have 14 villas to look after and all require their own monthly reports.

But thats a great solution I would say

Thanks again

• Options
    jzzenjzzen Member Posts: 2
    > @alexlewiszarkos said:
    > Hi @T0tal_Bali . As Wave doesn't fully support property management, there is no real way to separate these reports. Currently, you can run a company report for an overall picture of what's going on with your books. An alternative to this would be to set up different businesses for each property allowing you to run reports on each, but then you wouldn't be able to run a company report.

Is there any plans to fully support property management?
    I am currently looking at a software accounting solution for my property Management Co.
  • Options
    ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

@jzzen Supporting property based accounting is certainly on our radar but, to be honest, I'm afraid an ETA on this is pretty (or maybe even very) far down the line. For now, manually tracking your property expenses by creating separate business for them would be the way to go!

• Options
    BluJBluJ Member Posts: 5

A separate business for each property would work for some, but not really for a duplex where many of the expenses and income are separated and others are combined. Any ideas? I want to avoid going back to Quickbooks, Quicken, or GnuCash.

Thanks,
    J

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @BluJ . I'm afraid that's really the only other workaround. You could create different accounts representing different properties and use them for specific transactions associated to those specific properties, but it could get messy.