Options

Bank statement as CSV file won't upload

AnaAna Member Posts: 1

As I'm located in a country where our banks cannot connect to Wave, I am trying to follow directions to upload the statement as an CSV file (the only functional option). However, the file won't upload - it's been over 2 hours of the spinning tadpole under the UPLOAD button. Anyone else having this problem? I've tried to reload several times. Doesn't seem to be an issue of my internet connection.

Tagged:
edited August 29, 2018 in Bank Connections

Comments

• Options
    skarpinskiskarpinski Member Posts: 4

I am also having this problem, in addition to still being unable to connect to my bank (stopped working 5 weeks ago and is still not fixed). As of now I have no way of importing anything. Please help!

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi @skarpinski and @Ana ! I'll borrow my wording from another discussion: Wave can read CSVs with either three or four columns: date, description, and amount or date, description, deposit, and withdrawal. If your sheet includes other columns (especially a column for account balance) you'll likely need to remove these in order to proceed. You'll also want to make sure your formatting matches MM/DD/YYYY, income as XX.XX and expense as -XX.XX.

If your spreadsheet already meets these specifications, the issue could be with encoding. This sometimes happens when you manage CSV files in Excel. To resolve this, copying your sheet into a Google Sheets doc and redownloading it as a CSV should be sufficient.

• Options

Hi Charlotte, I'm not sure this will help - when I hit the upload button, I get an error message that no file has been selected. I can't upload any file because the page keeps resetting. Any ideas?

• Options

I also tried updating the file, removed all the excess columns, text, date format, etc, still no luck.

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Thanks for following up @skarpinski ! This suggests there's another problem. Could you confirm which browser you're using? Wave works best on Chrome, and Firefox is also a good option. Do you currently have any browser extensions enabled?

• Options
    TengkuTengku Member Posts: 5

Hi @Charlotte

I am having problems uploading CSV files.

It's inconsistent. Sometimes, it works, sometimes it doesn't.

After uploading the CSV file and after confirming the three columns, I get redirected to the upload page once again.

When I go to the transactions list, sometimes the data from CSV would appear and other times it doesn't. So I would have to redo the process over and over again.

Why is this happening?

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Tengku.

I'll follow up on the discussion you started shortly. In the future, please only ask your question in one spot. It prevents us from dividing our attention and makes it easier for both the admin team and for other community members to find and answer your question without stepping on each other's toes.

I can tell you that the admin team reads every single post written on the Community, so we won't miss your question. Thanks!