Tangerine Bank Connection Fails

Doug1993Doug1993 Member Posts: 4

EDIT: It appears there is an issue with texting the code to a mobile phone. When I sent it to my email it worked fine.

I'm trying to connect my Tangerine account through bank connections but it fails and I get an error. I get through the security question then when I select a number to send a code it fails and says error "there was a problem processing your request. Your account could not be connected at this time." Has anyone else had this issue?

edited March 25, 2020 in Bank Connections

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Doug1993! Thanks for keeping us updated, I'm glad you found a solution for your bank's code in getting sent to you.

• lgenlanlgenlan Member Posts: 1

I am having the same problem with Tangerine. It goes thru the security and emails me a code, I put the code in and it say it has verified and to wait a moment, then it loops back to the start screen again. I tries several times and each time it loops back to the start with out creating the connection.

edited May 31, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @lgenlan

Would you mind checking the phone number on your bank's website to ensure that it's the same as the number you're entering into your Wave account?

Also have you tried using your email as an MFA authenticator instead of the number like Doug showed us above? Does this work for you?

• KimLKimL Member Posts: 3

I'm having the same issues as @Igenlan. I tried to connect to my Tangerine personal account, I verified it with an emailed code, and then I keep getting bumped back out and asked to start all over again. It's very frustrating. I'm now getting the Tangerine error message "Please try connecting to a different account. There was a problem processing your request. Your account could not be connected at this time." I wanted to do my taxes this weekend - what's the point of using Wave if you can't connect to your own bank??

• Janet_KJanet_K Member Posts: 2

This has been happening to me too. The verification process says the connection is successful, but just keeps going in circles.

This is what the support team told me:

Thanks for providing those details. I took a look into this on our end and it appears that right now there is a known issue with the connections between Tangerine and our bank data aggregator. When you're attempting to add it, it should be providing a warning that the connection might not be presently working.

Our bank data aggregator is aware of the issue and is working towards a fix, though right now it appears the bulk of the issue is on Tangerine's end. They aren't able to provide an exact ETA on when they expect a fix at this point, but hopefully we'll see this resolved soon!

In the meantime we do have other great methods available to upload your transactions. The fastest way to get your transactions into Wave without a bank connection would be to upload bank statements, explained here.

Or using Wave Connect, our official add on for Google Sheets, which will let you upload transactions in bulk without waiting for a statement. This will explain how to set up and use Wave Connect.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Janet_K @KimL @lgenlan In full transparency, there are many nuances with the way that bank connections work that make working through troubleshooting within the Wave Community mighty difficult! In any of our Help Center content around bank connections do have a link to submit a ticket with our Support Team. I'd recommend taking a look at this Help Center Article and submitting a request through the link at the bottom. Our Support Team will gladly take a look and help guide you through next steps!

• KimLKimL Member Posts: 3

I did submit a support ticket on the weekend. I uploaded a screen shot of my issue. It's now Wednesday afternoon and I haven't had a reply. I'm not very impressed with this level of customer service.

• Janet_KJanet_K Member Posts: 2

@JordanD Thanks for your suggestion. I already submitted a ticket. The last time this happened with a different bank connection and the data aggregator, the issue lasted for over a month. Is there a way to notify us when this is resolved?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @KimL

I see that one of our agents has escalated this issue to our third party data aggregator! Glad to hear that someone is on the case. The support team typically tries to respond within 2 business days at the latest but due to the volume we are seeing at the moment it has taken a few extra days to respond. My sincere apologies about this!

Hi @Janet_K

Since bank connections can ebb and flow with their connection status, it is often impossible to send updates with the hundreds to thousands of connections we have with our data aggregator. My apologies about this as well. Typically you'll know when it is reconnected if you see that your transactions have started importing again. Hope this helps.