Options

Who are your mentors?

CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hi all! You may or may not have heard, but our team at Wave has recently relaunched our blog, Bravely Go.

We're looking to speak to the interests and passions of entrepreneurs such as yourselves and to deliver content relevant to the daily experience of a small business owner. To that end, we'd also like to learn more about you and your businesses and we thought starting a conversation here in our Community would be a great way to kick us off. For our first discussion, I'd like to ask who are your mentors? Is there someone in your life who has had a significant influence on your career?

**We're also interested in featuring your stories on our blog, please let us know in the comments if we've got permission to quote you! :)

Tagged:
edited March 30, 2021 in Wave Discussion

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EnsignBellaRoEnsignBellaRo Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

I'll get us started then!

For me, it was my mother. She took over the reins of her family business as it was passed down from her father to her and her brothers. Was a construction company. It's gone now, as my mom and her brothers all decided to retire, and nobody from my generation stepped up to take over, but she was largely the face and the administrative brawn of the company.

So I just grew up around this unstoppable businesswoman around me, successful in a field dominated by men, and got to see first hand how challenging and rewarding being your own boss can be.

So I'm my own boss now, and I can always call home to use her as a soundboard for my ideas.

• Options
    UHRP3UHRP3 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello All,

I am too much social in my family and is always ready to dedicate few hours for the society.

It is due to my family especialiy my wife and my mother who are always behind me for such kind of work.

Our co-operative housing was facing lot of issues in recovery of the monthly maintenance, it was not at all well organised.

Now after migrating to Wave everything is well organised.

In short it is my family, which is a true mentor for me.

Last but not the least : Thank you so much for creating such a great product and that too its free :) ( I can say that you too are also social and helping others to be organised)

Thanks and Regards

• Options
    KyleWalkerKyleWalker Member Posts: 6

Seeing my grandfather and father running their own business growing up I never really understood it, but I’ve always looked up to them, and as I’ve grown and have a family of my own. The idea of being self sufficient and not relying on any one entity for my livelihood has become a pretty good idea.

I just want to help people the best I can and hope that there is enough value there to make a living.

edited August 27, 2018
  • Options
    JJTCJJTC Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

My mentors are my God mother and my birth mother, my Godmother has always had an entrepreneur mindset and she taught me the beginnings of how to begin a business. We sold Avon and within 3 months we made Presidents club which was a huge deal.

I am still learning a lot about being my own boss and eventually I know my business will work wonders for me. My mother (birth) has taught me a lot about having a strong work ethic and working diligently to get things accomplished.