Options

Managing Inventory

BenjaminPJBenjaminPJ Member Posts: 1

Hello,

Sorry if I am duplicating this question, but I can't find the answer I am looking for.

If I buy a 10kg pocket of Potatoes, Sifra Variety, Large Medium in Size and 1st Grade, also known as "Potatoes - Sifra - Large Medium - 10kg" as an Inventory Item, for R60 from a Vendor you have setup in Wave.

I then sell this item to a client, already setup on Wave, for R70.

At the moment I am just showing the purchase of "Fresh Produce" of R10,000 and then the sale of "Sales" for R12,000.

What is the best way to add the items bought from vendors and the same items sold to clients, but on a more detailed, itemises basis?

Any information of guides would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ben

Comments

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi Ben! Thanks for reaching out. Currently in Wave we only offer the ability to track the 'monetary' value of your inventory. You can do so by following the steps in this Wave guide - Inventory tracking in Wave. If you wish to track inventory units it might be best to take a look at some different online inventory tracking options and then connecting them to Wave using Zapier.

Wave partners with Zapier to facilitate integrations between a multitude of online services for users. In short, Zapier connects 2, or more, services together using these principles: if Service #1 performs a TRIGGER, Zapier can send instructions to Service #2 to record a secondary ACTION. For example, if Shopify creates a sale transaction, Wave can be told to create a matching transaction on your Transactions page. These chain reactions are called "Zaps".

I hope this helps!

edited April 6, 2020