Wave is having difficulty reading the dates of your transactions

OloyeOloye Member Posts: 4

Hi Guys,

Been trying to upload my account statement but keep getting the above error message. I have tried all the various date formats suggested to no avail. Anyone experiencing the same or has a solution for me, please?

Thank you.

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@Oloye,
    Be sure in the CSV file there are no header rows or blank rows in your data.

• OloyeOloye Member Posts: 4

@Mikeg thanks for your response...deleted the header roll and there is no blank cell(s) but still the same issue. :(:(

If you want you can email to mike@mgfinancial.net. I'll be happy to take a look and see if I can upload to a test co I have under my profile

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the offer, sent you the file from sam@a2wadmin.com

Appreciate.

• SbuSbu Member Posts: 1

hi mike, can i also send u my file, im also having same problem

Thanks @Mikeg it worked!

• motoramblermotorambler Member Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi @Oloye , sometimes with my statements I notice that there is a space before the date(s) or before the amount(s). It's usually only on the first line but can happen on all lines the odd time. Once I delete the space(s) the file imports just fine. Also, be sure to remove extra columns from the spreadsheet that are not required by Wave to import transactions.

edited April 7, 2020
  • Kristian_GKristian_G Member Posts: 56 admin

Hey @Mikeg!

Thank you so much for your help here (as always). It sounds like everyone was able to come to a working resolution.

@motorambler appreciate you jumping in here too!

I'd like to leave this article here as well, should anyone else need it. It's all about what you can try to do if Wave is having trouble reading your .csv file :smile: