Options

Will the ability to add attachments to invoices be coming?

nana4taynana4tay Member Posts: 4

I run an IT consulting business and I need a way to send the details of all hours worked with the invoice. I know I can save the invoice as a PDF then send it myself with the hours tracking Excel sheet I need to add but that's not a great experience and it could be streamlined by allowing attachments to be added to invoices.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @nana4tay! Thanks for reaching out! I know you are not the only person that has requested this. I don't have any news on when this would be released but it is on the radar for future enhancements. If you do use time tracking, I believe a recent integration called BlueCamroo has been added that would allow you to do time tracking on invoices, you can read more about this in this linked Community thread: https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/comment/29176#Comment_29176

• Options
    nana4taynana4tay Member Posts: 4

Thanks for the info Emma, very much appreciated. It doesn't appear that the free version of BlueCamroo supports this functionality and the $17/month per user fee isn't a good value for just the time tracking piece so I will just have to wait for this often requested functionality to be implemented in Wave. That said, I'm sure this approach will solve the issue for others who have a greater need for BlueCamroo's pay only features so thank you again for the information.

• Options
    JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

@nana4tay Thank you for your patience and understanding. I can for sure say it is a much request feature!

With that being said, a workaround that some users are currently employing is uploading files onto a cloud based drive (Google Drive or using Google Sheets for example) then expunging sharable link(s) and adding them as notes or footers to their invoice. That will give your customer a direct link within that invoice to your documents/attachments.