Sales tax disappears?

gabe1234gabe1234 Member Posts: 2
  • When I mark an invoice (which has a recoverable sales tax, called "BTW" in the image attached) as PAID, the sales tax I call BTW disappears. When I rename the category to "services" I can make the sales tax appear again (but the invoice status becomes unpaid again).
  • If I then mark the invoice as PAID again, the transaction reappears, fine, but again without the 'recoverable sales tax, named BTW"
  • Please have a look at the image attached, where now the two transactions (3710.67) are showing for 16 Jan 2019 (I know I will have to delete one).

• My objective is to mark an invoice as PAID, and keep the 'recoverable sales tax' information, because with this info (in Reports) I want to claim/pay my tax to government.

• What am I doing wrong?
    [btw: after I uploaded my bank transactions, I had two entries for the same transaction (invoice Paid and the bank transaction). I initially merged the two transactions, which I now understand I should not do (I should simply delete the uploaded bank-transaction). Fine, I will not hit merge anymore. But what should I do now to get everything working again? This concerns a few transactions per month from Jan 2019 on.]

Thanks, Gabe

p.s. I have read the 15 May 2019 post: "Sales tax disappears when I merge transactions - why?" but that solution took a different twist, that is why I am asking my similar but probably simpler question in this post.

Comments