double the expense when I add a receipt

Johns2020Johns2020 Member Posts: 2

Hi.
I'm new here in the wave, I have an issue when I add a receipt
I'm selling service and products as well

When I buy parts, usually I added to product/ services and linked to the invoice and in my bill to be payable to me personally as expences
when I start adding the receipt it comes again as I bought a new part. not like the previous part that I added earlier.
Can anyone help...

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Johns2020

Are you able to let us know your workflow here? Are you creating a bill in Wave? If so are you marking it as paid. Delete the bill payment transaction and find your receipt transaction on the transactions page. Once you've done this recategorize it to the bill that you created under Purchases > Bills. Let us know!

• Johns2020Johns2020 Member Posts: 2

Thanks, @BarsinA for your reply!
    I'm doing an IT service and I buy products and resell it plus the professional IT service.

What I do exactly is:

• Buy a product (From personal account) then add it as Sales > Product and Service
    • Add this product to the purchases > Bill and add the vendor is my name to be payable to me as expenses.
    • then create the invoice
    • Get paid
    • Add the receipt at purchases > Receipts
    • (((When I do this step it increase the cost of the goods in the report that I bought that product again )))
    • Then finally Paid the cost of the product to me (Paid to the vendor) (as expenses)

Please let me know if you need more explanation,
    Thanks

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Johns2020

Sounds like you're trying to keep track of your inventory if I'm understanding correctly. Have you taken a look at our Inventory tracking article yet? At the bottom of that article is our community forum with some additional info and workarounds that our users have submitted.