Missing Transaction Uploaded Receipt

Treasurer_FirmBaseTreasurer_FirmBase Member Posts: 2

I uploaded a receipt. Posted it to accounting. Realized that I stupidly hadn't changed the date. Found that I couldn't correct the date. Deleted the receipt (which deleted the accounting transaction). Re-uploaded the receipt. Made sure I had the correct information and clicked the "Post to Accounting" button. It did not create a new transaction. Now I'm stuck. If I create a Journal entry, I can't merge it with the check image already listed in transactions from the auto-import from my bank nor will it link to the receipt image. Thoughts? Recommendations so I can reconcile?

edited March 30, 2021 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• JessGJessG Member Posts: 54 admin

@Treasurer_FirmBase Thanks for the details. Posting to accounting again should've created a new transaction to the second uploading of that receipt. At this point, is the second uploading of the receipt not reflected as a transaction in your Accounting > Transactions at all?

In regards to merging, for transactions to merge within Wave they need to match in amount and be categorized to identical accounts/categories.

I would recommend seeing if the transaction has posted at all and seeing if there are any filters to your transactions list that could be changing the transaction view. If not posted, double-check the status of the receipt and see if it is in the "Done" stage.