ACCOUNTING

PR1PR1 Member Posts: 3

HI IAM NEW TO THIS I NEED HELP TO KNOW IAM DOING THINGS RIGHT
WHERE DO I ENTER MY RECEIPTS?
WHERE DO I ENTER MY BILLS DUE AND OR PAID?

edited March 30, 2021 in Accounting Technical Support

Comments

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @PR1! Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to Wave! There are three different methods you can use to upload receipts into your Wave account. Check them out here: Overview of Receipts.

You can enter bills (paid or unpaid) under: Purchases -> Bills in your Wave account. I recommend taking a look at our Bills and Receipts Help Center here.

• PR1PR1 Member Posts: 3
    If i Am just starting in april and post recipts bills staements and invoices feom January to march how will that affect my accounting
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @PR1

Wave is a great tool for retroactively adding accounting data as far back as need be. It will allow you to account for your entire year of accounting before you need to submit your taxes! I've posted some tools on how you can do this below.

CSV Uploader

Using our CSV uploader. With the proper formatting, you are able to download a CSV document containing all of your transactions from your online banking website, and upload them directly to Wave. Check out this article on Troubleshooting your csv upload if you run into any problems when uploading your transactions.

Wave Connect

My personal favorite method is WAVE CONNECT.
    Wave Connect allows you to upload or download transactional data, invoices, customer lists, etc, into a Google spreadsheet. Your excel files can be easily transferred into a Google Spreadsheet as well. See this image below of what Wave Connect looks like:
    image All you need to do is input the transactional information into a template that is generated through the add-on feature in Google sheets and it auto-populates right into your Wave account once you've validated the data.