Transactions > All accounts STILL shows archived accounts. Why?

abrasivejustinabrasivejustin Member Posts: 4

Hey gang, when I click on Transactions I can still see ALL of my archived accounts. They were archived because they were so badly kept (and messed up after you guys changed things) that I simply had to delete them (errr... archive them, why?!) and start over from scratch.

So how can we get those archived accounts to NOT display under Transactions? If that's not possible, should I just un-archive them and manually bring their balances all to ZERO so that they don't screw with my accounting overview?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @abrasivejustin

What you may need to do is select the accounts from the drop down toggle under the transactions page. Once these transactions appear try deleting all of the transactions in the 'archived accounts'. This should remove the account from your drop down toggle. Give this a shot and let us know if it works!

• moesali8moesali8 Member Posts: 1

Hi @Barsin

I tried this and it doesn't work, accounts still appear with a balance of $0 but after digging a little more it seems to be quite a simple fix.

1. Delete all transactions
    2. Go to Chart of Accounts
    3. Click "Edit This Account"
    4. Click "Prevent further usage of this account."
    5. Save.

Account will disappear.

edited February 7, 2021
  • lhudybernallhudybernal Member Posts: 2

Hi, @moesali8 I don't see the archived account in the Chart of Accounts. Where can I see archived accounts? It shows as a negative balance in the reports but it has no transactions when I archived it.