When will the 3rd Party Aggregator update?

HalleaseHallease Member Posts: 3

Hi, the system you used before to connect to a bank worked really well (for me anyway) then you switched to a new one and now my bank isn't listed and I've been doing it manually every month. When will the third party aggregator update their bank database?

The thing I loved most about Waves was that it pulled all of the transactions for me into this great online space, also the invoices look nice.

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Hallease! Thanks for reaching out here! Whereabouts are you located? Bank connections are dependent on where you are, at this point, but I'd love to try to work together with you to see what your options are!

• HalleaseHallease Member Posts: 3
    Hello, thanks for getting back to me! I'm located in San Antonio, Texas. My business banks with Frost.
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Hallease ,

Unfortunately, our data provider doesn't currently connect with your bank. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our bank data provider is constantly working to improve this functionality, so it is certainly worth checking back from time to time to try connecting again in the future. I'd also recommend when searching for your bank in the search bar, selecting "can't find your bank?". This will request some further information and notify you if and when your bank updates its API and allows a connection with Wave apps. Sorry for the inconvenience. Take care!

• ImpiraniImpirani Member Posts: 12

@BarsinA @ConnorM I'm having the same issue as none of my bank deposits with CIBC have successfully imported from April or May into Wave. My account balance is also not being displayed in the dashboard or in Connected Accounts. Is this is a known issue and when do you see a resolution being in place? thx

• HalleaseHallease Member Posts: 3

@BarsinA Thanks for the response.

• AlMehdiAlMehdi Member Posts: 3

I am having issues with CIBC updates as well. The bank accounts were connected already and have previously imported all the transactions, but from last few weeks (starting late Apr 2020) transactions are not getting imported.

I found a workaround which involves deleting the existing CIBC bank connection and then recreating the connection after which new transactions get imported immediately (use the option import from selected date). But I need to do this every few days and this is cumbersome.

My other bank account (non CIBC) updates regularly.

@Impirani said:
    @BarsinA @ConnorM I'm having the same issue as none of my bank deposits with CIBC have successfully imported from April or May into Wave. My account balance is also not being displayed in the dashboard or in Connected Accounts. Is this is a known issue and when do you see a resolution being in place? thx

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @AlMehdi , thanks for your message! Thanks for making the effort to troubleshoot your connection this way. To avoid having to disconnect/reconnect regularly, I would recommend submitting a ticket to our Support team, where they can dive into this more in-depth to investigate why your account specifically isn't updating properly.

• AlMehdiAlMehdi Member Posts: 3

Thanks @CallieP, I have reached out to the support team on your advice. Hopefully this is resolved soon.

@AlMehdi please let us know if the support team was able to resolve your issue. I haven't received a response from @BarsinA @ConnorM yet

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Impirani

I reached out to our third party data aggregator about the CIBC connection and it appears that it is currently down at the moment.

Typically what happens is that your bank may make some major updates to their website or their back end API. When this happens, our third party banking aggregator loses the connection and may need to establish a new one. You can imagine with thousands of banks making these updates our third party aggregator has a bit of a difficult time keeping up.

We have already sent the institution the need for an update, and are waiting on this to be fixed. At this present time I apologize I don't have an ETA for when that will be, but you should know that our team is working diligently to get this connection sorted out. Thanks so much for your patience.

@BarsinA Thank you for the update. If you can update this thread once more details are known on when the 3rd party aggregator connection to CIBC will be reestablished that would be appreciate. Have a nice day

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Impirani , thanks for your comment! Our third part data aggregator doesn't expressly notify us when connections are up or down, so we won't be able to promise a followup on this here in this thread. I would recommend checking back on whether you can connect/see imports every week or so from your end. If you like as well, you can submit a Support ticket to see if we can find anything about your unique account situation in that setting!