Feature Idea: Contracts Feature

davidsteindesigndavidsteindesign Member Posts: 5

It would be wonderful to have a Contracts feature in the Sales section. To be able to send contracts / docs out of digital signature with an attachced Estimate. If nothing else, at least a more robust Estimate interface with ability to attach contracts. Currently exporting as a PDF and sending as email. I can even combine the Wave Estimate PDF with my Contract, but would be nice to have them coming from same place, be trackable through Wave.

Thanks!

edited January 5, 2021 in Sales & Invoicing Feature Ideas

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @davidsteindesign

Thanks so much for your contribution in the community! This is something that we've heard previously from community users before. Unfortunately I'm not sure that contracts are something Wave will be implementing in the near future. Attachments however is something we're hoping comes in future updates! Take care :smile:

• davidsteindesigndavidsteindesign Member Posts: 5

Thanks. I'll take attachments :-) - then at least the invoice can be marked as sent w/o me having to manually do that - any steps saved are helpful.

• Shae_MarcuShae_Marcu Member Posts: 6

Hi I'd just like to second @davidsteindesign's idea. I would also love to have either feature. Hoping for Wave to add a Contracts page like it does for invoices so that my invoices and contracts match and can be saved all on one platform under the Sales section. This would be so helpful! I'll also take attachments, but hoping Wave will add a Contract creator one day. :-)

• blackspotblackspot Member Posts: 2

I definitely agree with the previous posters, Waveapps needs to be able to send out contracts. OR at least, attach them so they can be tracked in the system. Otherwise, we're switching back and forth between platforms in order to manage our client's contracts.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @blackspot

At this point we have not heard of this coming down the pipeline for future updates. I do apologize about this. Remember that there is a workaround of course of downloading your invoice as a PDF. On Mac computers, you have the ability to edit a PDF and add other files to it including your contract.

• blackspotblackspot Member Posts: 2

True. But Barsin, the issue is not creating the contracts. It's having a contract workflow that integrates with the invoicing. So a client could sign the contract, pay the down payment, or whatever the agreement says, and it is trackable along the way. Don't get me wrong, you guys do A LOT OF THINGS RIGHT so please don't take this as me being unsatisfied. I love your service, the fact I can manage my books and accept credit cards, great dashboard, and all for no monthly payment. It's a great deal. But I would pay for the contract integration. And I would bet, most serious freelancers would do the same.

• lovepixellovepixel Member Posts: 4

100% - Wave is awesome.
    Contract Feature would be invaluable for my web design business - pls add

• tashistationtashistation Member Posts: 1

I'm here to also beg for contracts. And.co does a really nice job of helping you build out a customized contract and then send to the client, have them e-sign, and pay a deposit. I love Wave but this is a big gap in your service.

• BizHonchosBizHonchos Member Posts: 2

Yes, please add a CONTRACTS feature!!!

It would be extremely helpful if we could send Contract(s) for e-signature when sending the estimate(s)/invoice(s).

This is the ONLY feature lacking from Wave. I'd even be willing to pay a small monthly fee if I could streamline my proposal/contract process along with my estimates and invoices.

It would be so much easier if clients had the ability to sign the contract and pay the invoice online all in one step. Plus it would be easier to manage our client contracts and invoices all in one spot.

FYI - SquareUp added contracts last year and it has been a huge hit. They went from beta testing to permanently adding the contract feature in less than a year. Please copy the competitor! :)
    SquareUp - https://squareup.com/us/en/l/build-your-contract.

• VI_DesignVI_Design Member Posts: 1
    Here to also say YES to contracts as an interior designer. I use Hello Sign for the e-signature but if somehow they could merge or be compatible? Somewhere there’s a hope!

I’m also maybe not deep enough in the chats, but you can’t make an estimate on the phone App?? Only when logged into a desktop / browser? Killing me!!! Hope I just havnt figured out how yet.
    Otherwise, so far so good!
  • NateCNateC Member Posts: 1

I would absolutely love contracts integrated! This would make my workflow so much smoother for both me and my customers.

• PhotographyPhotography Member Posts: 2
    Also want this feature. I hate having to bug my clients to pay their session fee after they sign. If it was all integrated in the system it would make me not have to chase anyone and streamline my business. I would definitely pay to have this feature.