Options

How to send Invoice keeping someone in CC field via API?

gourav_evrcaregourav_evrcare Member Posts: 4

I can surely send invoice to multiple email ids but how to keep someone in CC?
Whenever we send an invoice to our vendors we need to keep our operations team and accountant email in CC field for better communication and transparency. How can I do it via API?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    StepanStepan Member Posts: 9 admin

Wave does not support sending emails with CC feature due to how some spam filters work. Providing a CC line increases the risk that the email may be flagged and can lead to deliverability issues. To send the same invoice to multiple recipients, the only option currently is to specify the list in the TO field.

• Options

Many other email api providers like sendgrid do give an option of CC field so I don't think that should be an issue. moreover to ensure the deliverability in inbox you can provide an option to validate SPF and DKIM records.

edited May 20, 2020
  • Options
    RobVGRobVG Member Posts: 53 admin

Hi @gourav_evrcare,

We use Postmark as a primary email provider, and have configured both SPF and DKIM records. With Wave being a free service to signup and use, we have been and are more likely to be targeted by spammers to send emails with our software using our reputation. At this time there are no plans underway to provide a more granular invoice email send API. This likely means we won't be able to 100% meet your requirements, sorry.

Two possible options come to mind:
    1. Fetch the invoice with pdfUrl and customer's email from Wave. Send an email through your own email provider. Then call Wave's invoiceMarkSent mutation.
    2. You mention SendGrid as a provider, and they do have abilities to receive, process, and forward emails.

Hope that helps provide some options for you to move forward with :smile:

• Options

thank you for detailed explanation and possible solutions.
    I was also thinking of doing the 1st method as mentioned by you to fetch pdf and then send. However, I didn't know about the second way. I will see whichever fits my use case and gets the work done. Thanks again.