invoices went back to overdue

StarbabyStarbaby Member Posts: 2

hey can anyone help me please! i 've been manually marking off my invoices as they have been paid. then i decided to upload bank statements and my invoices are all now out of wack with majority of them saying they are overdue

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Starbaby! I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're seeing with these invoices. Had you deleted any transactions before uploading those bank statements? I'd love to see what you're seeing, so any further context would be great here.

• StarbabyStarbaby Member Posts: 2

hey @ConnorM, Thank you for your reply. I might have deleted transactions. I have been manually making off paid invoiced and putting in the date they were paid but then i decided to import my bank statements. Then i realized how much work it will be to reconcile all of the accounts and I started deleting them ( but possibly in a wrong place) sigh....
    What would be the fastest way to fix this? Go through the invoices again and manually mark them off or just import my statements again? Thanks

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Starbaby

As Connor mentioned, if you delete an invoice payment transaction it will mark the invoice as overdue unfortunately :(

I think the best way forward would be to mark your overdue invoices as paid and delete the bank imported transactions using our bulk delete tool.

The best way moving forward is to categorize your bank transaction, rather than marking the invoice as paid.

In your transactions page, find the income received by a client brought in by your bank connection, and select the drop down 'choose a category' option. This should allow you to scroll down and link that income to an invoice by selecting "payment made to an invoice". Categorize it to the appropriate invoice and it will in turn show up as paid, not creating a duplicate

If you notice that it's been duplicated and there are two transactions, it's likely because you selected "mark invoice as paid", which creates a transaction, and then your bank import brings in the income transaction as well.. Delete the bank import one and moving forward I would recommend using the choose a category option. This will detect your invoice has been paid. In the drop down there is a 'more option' category, you might have to locate the invoice in there.