Recurring invoices

AmiddletonAmiddleton Member Posts: 1
I’m new to online payments. When I try and do a recurring invoice it only gives the opportunity for credit cards. What about the bank ACH? Also I don’t want to accept American Express can I take that one off?

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Amiddleton! I can see that you'd been in touch with our Support Team via email here, and I'm glad they were able to answer your inquiries!

• HolCarHolCar Member Posts: 20

@ConnorM

Even if posters have been in touch with Support, and they've had their issues addressed, it would be a lot more useful if you guys posted the solution here, rather than a canned message, for the perusal of other users who might have the same issue/doubt. Especially in this case that is a simple answer!

This forum is public, unlike the email exchange with Support.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey again @HolCar

Sometimes similar answers often exist in other parts of the forum. So without creating redundancies, I'll link the answer to this question HERE

• HolCarHolCar Member Posts: 20

@BarsinA said:
    Hey again @HolCar

Sometimes similar answers often exist in other parts of the forum. So without creating redundancies, I'll link the answer to this question HERE

That's a much better approach :)

• SuebSueb Member Posts: 1

I'm new to recurring invoices and what I'm not used to is the autogenerated transaction within Wave and not showing the specific breakdown of the HST that I've charged. It shows the amount deducted for the Wave transaction fee but doesn't mention the transaction is split any differently. Before I started accepting Wave payments I would manually select "include taxes" and I could see the amount being collected in the transaction.

So is not seeing this amount now normal when using automatic recurring invoices?
    I know that I entered the HST amount on the invoice... but how can I be assured/double check that it's calculated into the amount that I owe the government for my quarterly HST report?

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Sueb , thanks for your message! You can confirm if your taxes are being reported in a few ways. If you head to Settings > Sales Taxes, you'll be able to see if a tax is recoverable or non-recoverable. Only recoverable taxes will show up on your Sales Tax report's 'total tax paid' column. (If you meant for a tax to be recoverable but it isn't set up that way, you'll need to create a new sales tax and edit your transactions to reflect this.) You can see that your taxes are being recorded properly in Reports > Sales Tax Report. Lastly, you can see that taxes are included (or not) on your payments based on what appears on the invoice. You can check that out in Sales > Invoices > click the invoice > scroll down to see the preview, where the tax would be listed!