Include Category column in "Account Transactions" report

PeterBPeterB Member Posts: 11

Hi, is there any way of updating the "Account Transactions" report so it will include a Category column?

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @PeterB! Thanks for reaching out here. Currently Wave does not offer this feature within this version of our app. We're always looking for feedback from our customers on how we can improve our software with every update we make. So we appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through posts looking for feature updates requested by our users.

• PeterBPeterB Member Posts: 11

Thanks, Connor - yes, as a small business owner who uses the software (besides for invoices and bills) to output reports for the REAL accountant to work out my VAT, I a concerned that the report is not clear about the various transactions.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @PeterB

Have you tried downloading your transactions from Settings (bottom left) > Data export > Export transactions?

This will give you a full retrospect of all of your transactions in Wave but you should be able to find the info you may need.

Thanks for replying, @BarsinA, but as I simply wanted transactions and as my invoices are often up to 50 itemised items, this export is, for me, an unholy mess.

I got really excited when I saw your suggestion, but jumping from needing one extra column to having to sort about 23 columns and hundreds of rows would introduce more problems than solutions!

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @PeterB , I can totally understand your frustration there with the formatting of the export. As of right now, the product team is not working on changing the Data Export format, but I will absolutely pass this feedback along to our developers for consideration as a feature improvement in future. Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, @CallieP - much appreciated. It is still a really fantastic product.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

@PeterB I'm so glad to hear it :)