Generate a report that shows both income and expense for a certain job.

BlairBlair Member Posts: 3

I am new with Wave, and accounting, and a new small business owner. I was wondering if you guys could help me. I have been trying for a while now and I can't figure it out on my own.

I need to generate a report that shows the profit/loss for a certain job. I had to manually create an income for "Job 1" and an expense for "Job 1". When I go to reports I can't seem to figure out a way to show both debits AND credits in one report so I can see whether I had a profit or loss for that specific job. Is there a way to do this?

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Blair

First off welcome to Wave and to our community forum :smile:

The profit and loss report unfortunately does not show both debits and credits, but I think what you might be looking for is under the Reports > Account transactions (general ledger) report? This should give you both debits and credits columns and you can filter out your income or expense accounts here.

Hope this helps!

• BlairBlair Member Posts: 3

Thank you! I appreciate the welcome and input.

I pulled the general ledger report as you suggested however it's only showing me the expenses I made (as debits) and refunds (as credits). Do you know if there is any way that I can pull a report that shows income minus expenses for a specific job?

Also, is there a way to pull a report that only shows actual income (not refunds)? Or is there a way to work around that?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you so much!

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Blair , thanks for getting back! There's not a specific report that can be pulled on a per-job basis, as Wave's general & report functions are for financial management rather than project management. That said, you can look at the Income by Customer report for something similar, and filter by date there as well. If you're looking for income minus expenses, you'd want to take a look at the Profit & Loss report!

If you're looking to see income only, you can look at the income accounts on your Profit & Loss to see the breakdown in detail there, and a summary at the bottom.

• BlairBlair Member Posts: 3

I understand. Thank you so much. This helps!