Options

Statement address has changed to another language

Texcor44Texcor44 Member Posts: 7

I am new to wave and was quite impressed until I noticed that part of my business address appearing on statements had changed from "Western Cape" to iTjhingalanga-Kapa. Google says this is a Ndebele Tribe word spoken only in the north of South Africa whereas we are in Cape Town, the Southern Tip. Also the business language of South Africa is English. There seem to be no way of changing this as the Invoice detail still displays Western Cape meaning that Wave has auto inserted this. Any ideas as to how to get this fixed would be appreciated. Thanks Tim

Comments

• Options
    RiannRiann Member Posts: 6

I am also new to Wave and have experienced the same problem. This has to be a system error that needs to be addressed by the Wave IT team

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Texcor44 @Riann

Can you explain the process of selecting your business address and how this appears on your statements? I'd love to see some screenshots of your business details under the business name at the top left > manage your profile > businesses > select the pencil icon beside the business name.

Thanks so much for your cooperation!

• Options

Hi @BarsinA

The process for selecting my address or that of a customer when adding one is the same. When you capture the address details there is a box for country which you have to select. I select South Africa and then you get another box asking for Province/State and you get a drop down selection to choose from. I operate in the Western Cape and always select this option. When you go into the client or my business details to edit the information it is correct and shows Western Cape but when you create a new invoice or a statement then it comes up as iTjhingalanga-Kapa which is not even an option on the drop down menu. Attached is a screen shot of a Statement and you can see it is incorrect on my business address and the clients address. I can go back into an invoice and correct it but cannot correct on a statement. This is a new problem which has only started recently. I have been using Wave for about 3 months and this only started occurring about a month ago.

Thanks
    Riann

• Options

The problem seems to be that Wave has started using the ISO address system which has multiple options for South Africa as we have 16 different spoken languages in the country but only one official business language - English. It would appear that Wave is picking up the first one it finds on the ISO list. As I only invoice locally I would have much preferred the option of being able to set up my business address the way I want it to appear. My customers don't need to be told that they live in South Africa and it is just unnecessary clutter on the document. Too much automation is not always a good thing. :p

• Options

Hi @BarsinA

Please see attached

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey folks @Texcor44 @Riann

I think you might be able to bypass this by entering in the information manually instead of using the automated geolocation address selector. The issue with this is that we actually use a third party geolocation based maps system for entering in addresses in the menu. You're likely using the drop down selector which makes total sense, however you may want to bypass this by just trying to enter that information without selecting it using our geolocation address finder.

Can you let me know if this bypass works for you?

The issue with using a third party integration is that we have no actual control over these changes in our addresses unfortunately.

Do let us know!

edited June 5, 2020
  • Options

Hi @BarsinA & @Texcor44

This does not work as you don't have an option to type in the information manually when selecting either county or province.

I have found that you can bypass it when loading a customer as you are not forced to select these options. You can just leave blank and this does solve the issue with regard to invoices. The problem is when you have loaded your business it does not allow you to ignore these fields. You can't leave blank and you are forced to make a selection. The only issue then is when you want to do a statement it reflects incorrectly on your business address but client address is fine. For some reason the invoice address is correct it is just the statement that is a problem and only with regard to the business not the client.

Maybe you can set it up so that when you add a new business the fields for country and/or province are not compulsory fields.

Riann

• Options
    MushileleMushilele Member Posts: 2

Yup, suddenly I'm finding that our George address (we are in the Western Cape) is in iTjhingalanga-Kapa ... It means nothing, no sense whatsoever. As far as accuracy is concerned, this is a fail.

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Riann & @Mushilele , thanks for providing this feedback here, and taking the time to let us know about your workaround. This is not a change that's currently on our product's road map, I'm afraid. If there are concerns around the geo-location's accuracy, I would recommend reaching out to Google, who is our geo-locator, and letting them know your concerns surrounding accuracy in your region.

• Options

Hi @CallieP and @Mushilele and @Texcor44
    I find it strange that you implement something on your system which clearly has issues and then take no responsibility for the problem. I don't expect you to change the geo-locator but a simple solution would be to make the selection of Country and Province/State not a compulsory field especially when adding a business. It is not compulsory when you add a customer and this should be a simple fix on your side and should sort the problem.

• Options
    @Riann.
    I fully agree with what you have said here. I also notice that the people at wave like saying the same thing about other issues. They are trying to be too clever with stuff that could be left to the user to set up and when they see its a stuff up they just duck the issue instead of rolling back the change.
    Its always like this when geeks think they no best for all of us
  • Options
    PaulPhotoPaulPhoto Member Posts: 1

I'm having the same issue. I've been using Wave for over a year now and have never encountered this. For me it only appears when generating a customer statement. If I try change or remove the address from my account the system won't let me save the information. Please can you sort this out ASAP as it looks unprofessional.

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @PaulPhoto , @Riann , & @Texcor44 , thanks for contributing your feedback here. To clarify, the Community is for discussing Wave products, features, and technical support, but it is not a feature request form. By this I mean that ideas presented here aren't necessarily going to be built to fruition in the system. I'm sorry if this has been unclear prior to now. With regards to your feedback for a feature idea (change to the location requirements from Wave), we thank you for sharing this idea with us here. At this time, this isn't something we're looking to change as we focus on improving other areas of the software.

• Options

Hi @CallieP, @PaulPhoto & @Texcor44
    @CallieP - I understand that this might not be the right platform to resolve this matter but then you need to advise us what the correct platform is. Wave have implemented something that clearly does not work and is causing problems for users (clients). To just say that it is not something you are planning to correct is not helpful. You may as just well say that the Wave system is not worth using.

Just another point if you implemented a change to the system which just automatically added 20% to every invoice we generate and there was nothing we could do to correct it then it would make it impossible to work with the system. Well the address is just changing and we can't use certain important features on the system (Statements) as the address info is incorrect and does not create a professional look for my business or for that matter other business users.

Surely a more professional approach would be to either role back the change or to address the problem or to give us a platform to address the issue. To just say not our problem deal with it, is not in my opinion a solution.

• Options

I totally agree. this is a very disappointing attitude from Wave. Its taken a lot of time and money to get my books professionally set up on Wave and to change to another service provider now will incur further costs. It worries me going forward that Wave may apply this attitude to something that is vital and leave me high and dry at some stage. I guess the old adage that you get what you pay for (or dont in this case) is so true.

• Options
    MushileleMushilele Member Posts: 2

Oh my - I was really surprised that we've been told to reach out to Google ... the simple fix is to remove the feature and let us add our own location if we so wish ... Wave ... really disappointed. At present the location is complete nonsense - and doesn't actually exist officially in our country. Bizarre!