Options

Invoice Upload through Google Spreadsheet uploads the wrong date

wiresandcanswiresandcans Member Posts: 3

Hi,
I noticed that the Invoice uploader uploads the date one day earlier than what was specified on the spreadsheet.

e.g.
Upload spreadsheet contain 6/9/2020 but Invoice created has 6/8/2020 as the date. This doesn't matter much in the middle of the month (at least for me, i know others who will care), but this creates a problem is your date is 6/1/2020 and it gets created as 5/31/2020. This will affect revenue recognition on your monthly profit statement.

Comments

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @wiresandcans , thanks for your message & welcome to the Community! Thanks also for this super clear explanation. It sounds like your spreadsheet might be in a different time zone, which can cause this issue. If, in Google Sheets, you click File > Spreadsheet Settings, is your time zone/location accurate to where you are, and your business? If it is, please reply back here and we can look into it further!

• Options

Yes it is correct at GMT +8

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @wiresandcans , thanks for confirming. As a test, would you be able to try making your time zone United States and Eastern Time (GMT -05.00), upload your data, and let me know if it still uploads to the wrong date? I've discovered that there is a glitch with some time zones/locales that can sometimes be worked around by using this time zone/locale instead.

• Options

what i did was put a -1 in my formula as a workaround for now. I just want to put this out then maybe could get fixed sooner or later.

• Options
    AdriannAdriann Member Posts: 2

Hello, I still experience the same issue with the uploaded date being -1 than the inputted date. The spreadsheet time zone is correct with +8 too.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Adriann! I'm sorry to hear this! Could you please send a screenshot of your spreadsheet's timezone settings for us to review? I'd love to see what you're seeing!

• Options
    AdriannAdriann Member Posts: 2

Here you go @ConnorM Hope you can help me on this

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Adriann

One of our teammates believes they may have figured out how to get around that Wave Connect post where the wrong date is being posted.

So even if my timezone was correct on my Google Sheet, it was sending the wrong date out to an integration. Changing the timezone, and then changing it back to the correct timezone seemed to fix that. Can you give this a try and let us know if this helps. While you're at it, try clearing your browsers cache and cookies to ensure that this has been fully refreshed as well.