Options

Deleted Invoice appearing In the Profit and Loss Account

Beke2020Beke2020 Member Posts: 11

I deleted an invoice, but the amount still shows on the P&L. When i click on it says - The page you tried to visit doesn't exist
This is usually caused by an incorrect or outdated link.

Please assist

Comments

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Beke2020 , thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry you're having some trouble with your reports not accurately reflecting your accounting data. I triggered a fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports, invoices, and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

If, after that time the accounts are still off, please let us know and we can go from there!

• Options

Hi. The Invoice i deleted is still there. please assist. TIA

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Beke2020, can you send a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end so that we can best assist?

• Options

Hi. thank you for your response i have attached the error message that i see when i click on the Invoice that i deleted

• Options
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Beke2020

If you scroll down on that error page, are you seeing a 400 error??

A lot of the time, this can be fixed by tweaking some things in your internet browser. Wave supports the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We'd also recommend that you try using Wave with browser extensions disabled. If you have Chrome, try opening up an incognito window, logging into your Wave account, and try again (or if you have Firefox, open a private browsing window).

If that doesn't work, you may also need to clear your cache and cookies. You can read more about the browsers we support, and how to troubleshoot issues for your individual browser HERE. If you are still having problems or if you have any other questions, please get in touch.

• Options

Hi @BarsinA

The problem is not the error. The problem is that a deleted Invoice appears on My Trail Balance and Profit and loss.

I have cleared my cache , cookies and everything the Profit and loss shows that Invoice which is not supposed to be there because I deleted it.

• Options

Hey @Beke2020 , thanks for getting back! Thanks also for confirming that you gave some of the troubleshooting a try, that's much appreciated. I'm afraid that the screenshot you sent has locked, and we can't access the link you sent since it is a view of your account directly, which is private/blocked from anyone besides you.

Would you be able to head to Reports > Trial Balance and Reports > Profit & Loss to take screenshots of the entire screen, and then attach them in a comment here as an image file? An image file will end with PNG, IMG, JPG, JPEG, or others. If the file ends in .doc, .docx, or other document formats, it is not an image and so won't display what we're looking for in the images we're requesting. Thanks for working with us on this!

• Options

Hi @CallieP Thanks for the reply .
    Kindly find attached the screenshots.

I have also attached the all Invoices screen which shows the total number of Invoices.

• Options

Hey @Beke2020 , thanks for these screenshots! Would you be able to specify where you are clicking that you're seeing an error? It is hard for me to tell what information is wrong since I don't know the deleted invoice's information. Thanks so much. Are you referring to the Consulting Income at the top of the P&L? Is it possible that there is another transaction which contains this category which would be showing up on reports?

• Options

Hi. So if you click on sales- there comes a list of the Invoices which make up 275 000. One of the Invoice which appears there is the deleted Invoice. It appears there. So if i click on it that is when the error comes up

• Options

Hey @Beke2020 , thanks for working through this here. If you click the arrow to the right of the invoice > Delete, is it possible to re-delete it? If it is still showing in the Invoices tab, this would be why it is showing in reports, so getting it out of the invoices tab would be the way to get it out of the reports.

• Options

Hi @CallieP The invoice does not appear on the List of Invoices. It only appears on the reports ie the Profit and Loss and the Trial balance.

Is it possible for me to give you login details so you may assist better

• Options

Hey @Beke2020

I've escalated this to our account developers to see if they can investigate it a bit further and let us know if there is an issue with your account. I'll reach out once I get more info from them! Thanks for your continued patience with this!

• Options

Hey there @Beke2020

Our team took a look at the back end and synced up your invoice data to match up correctly so this phantom invoice should in theory be gone by now. Can you confirm? Thanks!

• Options

Hi @BarsinA Thank you so much. Yes now my reports are super OK. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    BrennanMorrowBrennanMorrow Member Posts: 2

I am have this exact issue, how can I resolve it.

• Options

Hey there @BrennanMorrow

We might need some more info from as well:

1. Invoice number
    2. Screenshots of discrepancy amount (balance)
    3. Screenshots of the broken page when you select the transaction from your report
    4. Links to the broken reports
    5. Also permission for one of our teammates to jump into your account to take a look if necessary?

Thanks so much looking forward to hearing from you!

• Options
    AdamLiAdamLi Member Posts: 2

Hi @BarsinA, I have the same issue. Is there an email i can provide the required information above to?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @AdamLi , it looks like the data on the back end of your account wasn't communicating properly. I've gone in and made a couple of small tweaks which should fix any sort of discrepancies that you were seeing in your data.

If you go into your account and after about 30 minutes you're still seeing issues, let us know and we'd be happy to dig a little bit deeper into the issue.

• Options
    AdamLiAdamLi Member Posts: 2

Hi @AlexL , Thanks for the quick turnaround. Unfortunately, the deleted invoices are still appearing in the reports ie the Profit and Loss and the Trial balance.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @AdamLi , are you still seeing this issue with your reports? I've known these fixes to sometimes take a bit of time to change on the user's account, although it shouldn't have taken a whole day. If you are still seeing these deleted invoices, I would recommend using a Journal Transaction to move the balance from your Accounts Receivable to another account (depending on how and why these were deleted). That should take care of the balance for you.

In regards to the actual entries themselves, I'm afraid that we are limited in the troubleshooting that we can offer. Our product and development teams are not prioritizing these types of bug fixes for users located outside of Canada and the US. If you'd like to get more context for this, you can read more about our decision to do so in the Community post here.

Thanks for your understanding and let us know if we can be of further help.