Options

Customer Pre Payments

NateoNateo Member Posts: 2

I know about the account where customer makes pre payments but how do I apply those payments that have already been paid in advance to the invoice?

Comments

• Options
    NateoNateo Member Posts: 2

Or how do I transfer the credit balance of a customer and use it to close a invoice

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Nateo , thanks for reaching out. After using the pre-payments accounts you mentioned above: When you'd like to record a pre-payment against an invoice, head to your Invoices page and select Record a payment next to your customer's invoice. For the Payment method, choose Other, and for the Payment account, choose the account you created. This method allows you to reduce the pre-payment account as you clear your receivables!

edited June 11, 2020
  • Options
    corneliavictoriouscorneliavictorious Member Posts: 1

Hi, I have been using the above mentioned method to allocate pre-payments and then using it in recording a payment. Where can I see the amount of credit an account (a person) has left? Is there a report that I can do? I only seem to be able to draw a report of the total money paid into each account - but it doesn't show how much is left after payments have been allocated.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @corneliavictorious! Had you been following the instructions listed out in this Help Center article? If so, you should be able to simply navigate to Accounting > Transactions and select the customer's credit account from the drop-down list, in order to see what their current balance is. I hope that helps!