Generating a Sales Tax Report

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Updated Deadline: Accounts That Cannot Be Upgraded.

Comments

• babzonjaybabzonjay Member Posts: 10

Hello Team Wave,

I have an issue generating a sales report from the 1st of June 2020 to date. It is only the expense side that's showing.

Kindly advise on what to do. Here's an attachment. Thank you very much.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@babzonjay It sounds as though you have added the sales tax to your expenses but not to your income. From your screenshot, it looks as though you are looking at the Profit and Loss report. If you are trying to get more information about your Sales Taxes, there is a report specifically for this that you can get more insights from in this regard. In saying that, in order for your sales taxes to be correct, you would need to create a sales tax in Wave (Settings > Accounting > Sales Taxes) and then apply it to each transaction that it is necessary for. You can do this from the Transactions Page and the screenshot below should be helpful with that. Alternatively, if you create invoices in Wave, you can also attach a Sales tax to them when you are creating the invoice itself.

• babzonjaybabzonjay Member Posts: 10

Hi Jordan,
    Thank you for the feedback but my question is yet to be answered.
    The profit and loss statement does not reflect all my sales income for June 2020. So, I am having net loss instead of net profit.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey again @babzonjay

Would you mind showing us a screenshot of your June 21st income transactions on the transactions page? You can filter this in the transactions page by selecting the filter button.

Also on your P&L report, can you send us a screenshot of the "details" tab. This will give us more insight into what type of accounts we're seeing. Thanks so much!